Danny Webb survived a pre-season scare when he crashed his new 2009 Aprilia 125GP machine on the second day of testing in Estoril yesterday (Monday).
The British rider, who claimed a career best result of fifth at last year’s Estoril race, crashed his DeGraaf Aprilia at Turn Four but luckily escaped injury with just a month to go before the first race in Qatar.
Webb ended the second day in 11th position on the timesheets as he clocked a best time of 1.47.679. That was 0.7s faster than his best on the opening day.
- Rossi on Triumph era of Moto2™ “a bit bigger, a bit faster”
- MotoE™ test confirmed for Valencia in June
- Horsman strikes back in Race 2 at Silverstone
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA