Helping the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team claim another double top ten finish was James Toseland’s determined performance, the British rider shrugging off the affects of a head cold to finish in a thoroughly deserved ninth place.
Toseland produced a rousing performance in front of 45,539 fans basking in glorious temperatures that hit 27 degrees, the 28-year-old ending ninth after he’d fought superbly in the opening half of the race to get involved in a battle involving Hayden and Capirossi for seventh.
Today’s result saw Toseland move to within 12-points of a top seven championship finish.
James Toseland – 9th – 85 points
“I really enjoyed that race and it was good to be in an exciting battle with the second group. I was running pretty much the same lap times as Dovizioso and (Toni) Elias for most of the race and there was a great battle between myself, Hayden and Capirossi. I was having the most fun in that race that I’ve had for a while. The difficulty for me was that
I’ve been struggling with a cold all weekend and it is very difficult to take any kind of medication when you’ve got to race. Over the whole race distance I didn’t realise how much the cold had taken out of me but it wasn’t a big problem. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team have worked incredibly hard all weekend to give me a really good package to ride today. I’m still only twelve points off seventh in the championship and that is my target now for the remaining three races. I really want that seventh place in the championship and am looking forward to giving the team a good finish to the year.”
- Belgian Motorcycle Academy joins the Road to MotoGP™
- Kornfeil announces retirement ahead of 2020 season
- Stoner auctions race-winning leathers for bushfire appeal
- Bradl to complete first MotoGP™ laps of 2020 in Jerez
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 3: Ducati
- Snipers Team unveil 2020 Moto3™ livery in Verona
- Marquez admits surgery recovery has been "quite difficult"
- Lorenzo, Biaggi and Anderson to become MotoGP™ Legends
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 2: Yamaha
- Inaugural Northern Talent Cup riders and calendar confirmed