The Estoril weekend also saw an update to the FIM’s progress with establishing the teams for participation in the 2012 season. 16 teams not currently participating have applied and that is going to be refined to a final position where there are 14 teams fielding 21 riders.
This is the FIM press release on the matter and how things move forward…
On 6 April 2011 the FIM announced that teams wishing to be considered for participation in the MotoGP class in 2012 should register their interest with IRTA. The closing date for expressions of interest was Friday 29 April.
Applications were not required from existing teams already participating in the MotoGP class.
IRTA has received submissions from 16 teams not currently participating in the MotoGP class. After reviewing the initial applications with Dorna it has been decided to provide further information to 14 teams containing 21 riders. Those teams will now be provided with a prospectus containing full details of the terms and conditions of participation.
Teams who wish to proceed with their applications will then have until Saturday 14 May to submit comprehensive details of their plans for participation. These applications will be reviewed at Le Mans and teams will be notified of an acceptance, a rejection or pending status.
Accepted teams will then have until Friday 3 June, the first day of the Catalunya Grand Prix, to lodge a security deposit with IRTA. A final list of accepted teams will then be published.
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released