Rain had hit Valencia just before the qualifying started and made for a very difficult session with the track drying up towards the end and riders taking a risk on slick tyres, shaking up the usual order at the front.
Kent’s countryman Danny Webb changed to slick tyres at the end of the session and took the first pole position of his career.
Aki Ajo: “This day was all in all pretty unusual. In the morning free practice sun was shining, but it was pretty chilly and there were still wet spots on the track. It looks like it will also rain on Sunday at least occasionally, so we will for sure have a interesting race.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone
- Inaugural MotoGP™ KymiRing Test comes to a close
- Paranoid about the weather – surely not
- First Women in Motorsport conference takes place in Finland
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Slight changes to the Silverstone time schedule
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test