Rain had hit Valencia just before the qualifying started and made for a very difficult session with the track drying up towards the end and riders taking a risk on slick tyres, shaking up the usual order at the front.
Kent’s countryman Danny Webb changed to slick tyres at the end of the session and took the first pole position of his career.
Aki Ajo: “This day was all in all pretty unusual. In the morning free practice sun was shining, but it was pretty chilly and there were still wet spots on the track. It looks like it will also rain on Sunday at least occasionally, so we will for sure have a interesting race.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- Binder vs Lowes on Day 3 in Jerez
- Introducing…the MotoGP™ Podcast!
- Aprilia: the 2019 MotoGP™ challenge has begun
- Marquez, Binder, Navarro within a tenth on Day 2
- Canet closes out Day 2 on top
- Tony Skillington appointed FIM Chief Executive Officer
- Qatar Test: the final countdown begins
- Moto3™: Arbolino quickest out the blocks in 2019
- Moto2™: Marini triumphs on Day 1
- Marc Marquez: karting for Qatar