Rain had hit Valencia just before the qualifying started and made for a very difficult session with the track drying up towards the end and riders taking a risk on slick tyres, shaking up the usual order at the front.
Kent’s countryman Danny Webb changed to slick tyres at the end of the session and took the first pole position of his career.
Aki Ajo: “This day was all in all pretty unusual. In the morning free practice sun was shining, but it was pretty chilly and there were still wet spots on the track. It looks like it will also rain on Sunday at least occasionally, so we will for sure have a interesting race.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- Rossi on Triumph era of Moto2™ “a bit bigger, a bit faster”
- MotoE™ test confirmed for Valencia in June
- Horsman strikes back in Race 2 at Silverstone
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA