Rain had hit Valencia just before the qualifying started and made for a very difficult session with the track drying up towards the end and riders taking a risk on slick tyres, shaking up the usual order at the front.
Kent’s countryman Danny Webb changed to slick tyres at the end of the session and took the first pole position of his career.
Aki Ajo: “This day was all in all pretty unusual. In the morning free practice sun was shining, but it was pretty chilly and there were still wet spots on the track. It looks like it will also rain on Sunday at least occasionally, so we will for sure have a interesting race.”
Source: Ajo Motorsport
- Big changes made to MotoGP™ testing schedule
- Will Marquez be unleashed at Motegi?
- Four to go: Fernandez starts his final stand on Marquez turf
- Can Canet start climbing another mountain at Motegi?
- Moto3™ title to be decided in Valencia
- KTM’s female excellence: making the difference in MotoGP™
- Brazil and MotoGP™: a rekindled relationship
- F1’s Gasly on "amazing" Thai GP experience
- "We've been waiting for this!" - Brazil's stars on 2022 GP
- MotoGP™ returns to Rio de Janeiro from 2022