First stop for three times grand prix winner Smith will be the Bahrain International Formula One circuit on Saturday where he will ride his Yamaha R1 road bike that has been prepared by Pete Beale Racing, at a track day. On Sunday he will be on hand to assist and offer advice to up and coming racers in a special practice day at the home of the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix.
Smith then moves onto another stunning Formula One venue, the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi and also Dubai for a couple of track and practice days with road riders and racers.
He completes his Middle East adventure on more familiar territory when he competes in the second round of the Qatar International Championship at the Losail International circuit that hosts the opening round of the 2013 MotoGP World Championship in April. Riding the R1 Yamaha he competes in practice and qualifying on Friday and then rides in the two 15 lap championship races organised by the QMMF on Saturday.
“I’m so looking forward to this trip – helping up and coming riders, riding new circuits which I’ve only seen on the television and to be honest enjoying a bit of sunshine,” explained Bradley before flying out. “I’ve been pushing really hard to make this happen. Of course it’s great preparation for me before MotoGP testing gets underway in Sepang but also I’m certain there is some real racing talent in that part of the world. You only have to see how MotoGP has exploded in Malaysia to understand what the success of local riders can achieve. I end the trip with a couple of races in Qatar and it will be interesting to see just how the riders have improved actually racing against them.”
Smith’s first MotoGP test of the season starts at Sepang in Malaysia on February 5.The first grand prix of the 2013 MotoGP World Championship is under the floodlights at the Losail International circuit in Qatar on April 7.
Source: Bradley Smith Official Website
- MM93 vs the Hahnenkamm: Marquez goes for a spin on snow
- Movistar Yamaha MotoGP launch 2017
- 2017 team launch for Lüthi, Lecuona and Raffin
- Puig: New junior series plans to expand racing in the UK
- Rins talks injury, rookie pressure – and his aims for 2017
- Laverty wins the first MotoGP Championship Quest
- Bautista : "Fighting in the top five would be a good result"
- MotoGP™ affiliated traumatology department 'best in Spain'
- MotoGP™ community donates €12,156.69 to Italy’s Croce Rossa
- Capirossi to represent Dorna within Race Direction