After the positive experience with Hyuga Watanabe – who grew as a rider with the team before making his way to the world championship – and Jorge Navarro last season, the team now grows further to accommodate three riders with different aspirations to slowly make the team one of the references in the starter class of the Spanish Championship.
Aside from Spaniards Josep Rodríguez and Sara Sánchez, young Brit Bradley Ray is one of the riders to join the team this year. The 15-year-old from Ashford, Kent is one of the most promising young riders coming from the UK, qualifying for a surprising front row start in the final 125cc CEV race at Jerez in 2011 before joining the Red Bull Rookies Cup in 2012, where he will also compete again this season.
But his statistics from the British Championship last year were truly impressive, taking five wins from the eight races he was able to compete in next to the Red Bull Rookies Cup, brilliantly taking the runner-up spot in the 125cc/Moto3 class without racing at every round.
While he’ll be riding a KTM Moto3 bike in the Red Bull Rookies Cup, Ray will compete with Honda material in the CEV which consists of nine races this year and will start on 28th April at the Catalunya Circuit.
Source: Team Larresport
- Viñales ends test day fifth fastest
- Twitter highlights of the #CzechGP
- Alex Lowes enjoys MotoGP test ride
- Lüthi : “I hope to be back for Silverstone”
- Winner Crutchlow continues good work
- #CzechTest: Lorenzo’s conclusions
- Redding reflects on the Czech GP
- Rossi reviews successful Brno test
- Marquez third in Monday test
- Lorenzo top of the timesheets in the #CzechTest