Spain’s Monteblanco circuit was the setting for Avintia Racing’s 2013 launch on Friday. As well as running CRT bikes for Hiroshi Aoyama and Héctor Barberá in MotoGP™ this year, the squad also has Toni Elías and Britain’s Kyle Smith in its Moto2™ line-up.
The presentation featured various activities for guests, such as the opportunity to take to the track in a selection of vehicles while being coached by professional instructors. The riders – joined by team heads Raul Romero and Antonio Martín – later assembled for a team photograph ahead of the resumption of testing in Jerez next week.
Kyle Smith’s debut will be his first appearance in any of the current MotoGP™ categories.
“Thanks to Avintia Blusens, I will have the opportunity to learn alongside great riders and a great crew,” says the 21-year-old from Huddersfield, who at the age of seven relocated with his family to Spain. “I have to learn and just progress step-by-step, but I hope to achieve some good results.”
In pre-season testing so far this year, Avintia have appeared to be the closest challengers to CRT class leaders and reigning champions Power Electronics Aspar.
- Rins undergoes successful surgery - Tsuda in for Jerez
- Scene set at Assen for first ADAC Northern Europe Cup race
- An exciting new season starts in Albacete
- Fenati: “I consider everyone on the grid a threat”
- Pol Espargaro: "We were really unlucky"
- Barbera hails step forward with new riding style
- Rabat on a point-scoring roll in 2017
- Nakagami: “It’s difficult to stop Franco”
- From Cervera to Tokyo: documentary now on motogp.com!
- Redding: “Very tough race”