Spain’s Monteblanco circuit was the setting for Avintia Racing’s 2013 launch on Friday. As well as running CRT bikes for Hiroshi Aoyama and Héctor Barberá in MotoGP™ this year, the squad also has Toni Elías and Britain’s Kyle Smith in its Moto2™ line-up.
The presentation featured various activities for guests, such as the opportunity to take to the track in a selection of vehicles while being coached by professional instructors. The riders – joined by team heads Raul Romero and Antonio Martín – later assembled for a team photograph ahead of the resumption of testing in Jerez next week.
Kyle Smith’s debut will be his first appearance in any of the current MotoGP™ categories.
“Thanks to Avintia Blusens, I will have the opportunity to learn alongside great riders and a great crew,” says the 21-year-old from Huddersfield, who at the age of seven relocated with his family to Spain. “I have to learn and just progress step-by-step, but I hope to achieve some good results.”
In pre-season testing so far this year, Avintia have appeared to be the closest challengers to CRT class leaders and reigning champions Power Electronics Aspar.
- MM93 vs the Hahnenkamm: Marquez goes for a spin on snow
- Movistar Yamaha MotoGP launch 2017
- 2017 team launch for Lüthi, Lecuona and Raffin
- Puig: New junior series plans to expand racing in the UK
- Rins talks injury, rookie pressure – and his aims for 2017
- Laverty wins the first MotoGP Championship Quest
- Bautista : "Fighting in the top five would be a good result"
- MotoGP™ affiliated traumatology department 'best in Spain'
- MotoGP™ community donates €12,156.69 to Italy’s Croce Rossa
- Capirossi to represent Dorna within Race Direction