Spain’s Monteblanco circuit was the setting for Avintia Racing’s 2013 launch on Friday. As well as running CRT bikes for Hiroshi Aoyama and Héctor Barberá in MotoGP™ this year, the squad also has Toni Elías and Britain’s Kyle Smith in its Moto2™ line-up.
The presentation featured various activities for guests, such as the opportunity to take to the track in a selection of vehicles while being coached by professional instructors. The riders – joined by team heads Raul Romero and Antonio Martín – later assembled for a team photograph ahead of the resumption of testing in Jerez next week.
Kyle Smith’s debut will be his first appearance in any of the current MotoGP™ categories.
“Thanks to Avintia Blusens, I will have the opportunity to learn alongside great riders and a great crew,” says the 21-year-old from Huddersfield, who at the age of seven relocated with his family to Spain. “I have to learn and just progress step-by-step, but I hope to achieve some good results.”
In pre-season testing so far this year, Avintia have appeared to be the closest challengers to CRT class leaders and reigning champions Power Electronics Aspar.
- MotoGP™ to remain at the Twin Ring Motegi until 2023
- Nakagami announced at LCR Honda in 2018
- #CzechGP and #AustrianGP: Twitter Highlights
- Aero-fairings: some post-Austria questions answered
- Martin: “I wasn’t even sure I could finish”
- Jake Dixon joins Dynavolt Intact GP for Silverstone
- Rins: “Someone hit me and I went off”
- Barbera: “I had a good fight with Miller and Redding”
- The best of the #AustrianGP
- Pol Espargaro: “We just had simple bad luck”