Scott Redding is on his way back to Spain, for next week’s final preseason test at the Jerez circuit in Andalucía.
The Jerez outing, which runs for four days and gets underway at midday on Monday 18th March, will be the first time that the Moto2 field have tested with the 2013 race engines that they’ll use this season.
Scott heads to Jerez in a confident mood, having been quick in both wet and dry conditions during the test at the same circuit back in February. Having already tested a number of setting changes on his 2013 Kalex Moto2 machine, Redding will focus this time on refining his riding style to get the best from the bike.
“We’ve been building up over the last two tests, trying a lot of different things on the bike and finding a good direction with the set up,” explains Scott. “At this final test in Jerez we won’t change so much on the bike, leaving me to work on refining my riding style to get the most from the bike. If the feeling is good then I’ll be pushing for lap times at the end of each day, but we’ll have to see how it goes. I head to Jerez with some confidence after my times in the wet and the dry there last time out, but there’s always room for improvement and that’s exactly what we’ll be looking for next week.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Marquez will "push at the maximum" in Silverstone
- Smith's blog: injuries and patriotism before the #BritishGP
- Michelin ready for Silverstone
- #StatAttack: Silverstone for Moto3™
- #StatAttack: MotoGP™ at Silverstone
- #StatAttack: Moto2™ in the British GP
- MotoGP™ live on new Spíler TV in Hungary from 2017
- Smith out for Silverstone and Misano - Lowes to step in
- Binder sets his sights on the #BritishGP
- Championship closes up as Moto2™ head for Silverstone