Scott Redding is on his way back to Spain, for next week’s final preseason test at the Jerez circuit in Andalucía.
The Jerez outing, which runs for four days and gets underway at midday on Monday 18th March, will be the first time that the Moto2 field have tested with the 2013 race engines that they’ll use this season.
Scott heads to Jerez in a confident mood, having been quick in both wet and dry conditions during the test at the same circuit back in February. Having already tested a number of setting changes on his 2013 Kalex Moto2 machine, Redding will focus this time on refining his riding style to get the best from the bike.
“We’ve been building up over the last two tests, trying a lot of different things on the bike and finding a good direction with the set up,” explains Scott. “At this final test in Jerez we won’t change so much on the bike, leaving me to work on refining my riding style to get the most from the bike. If the feeling is good then I’ll be pushing for lap times at the end of each day, but we’ll have to see how it goes. I head to Jerez with some confidence after my times in the wet and the dry there last time out, but there’s always room for improvement and that’s exactly what we’ll be looking for next week.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya test: Day 1
- Pedrosa "fights through physical difficulties" in Le Mans
- British Talent Cup: Reset for Round 2
- MotoGP™ teams head to Montmeló for testing
- Thumbs up or thumbs down from Emperor Vale?
- Nicky Hayden, one year on
- Kornfeil: “It was just like motocross training!”
- Syahrin: “We had top ten pace”
- Back on track: Rossi makes podium return
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ back on track at Le Mans