Young Brit John McPhee has written on the blog on his official website of his eventful FP3 session in Qatar – which had disruptive and changeable weather conditions for everyone, as well as a fall for John.
Here is the session in his words – John finished P14.
Free practice 3 was quite a tough session for me. The wind had picked up a lot and the track was very dirty from a sand storm last night! This caused it to be very slippery and quite tricky to push as hard as you needed to. The lap times were on average around 2 seconds slower most of the session compared to yesterday just with the track conditions.
I started to find my rhythm after a few laps and then unfortunately had a small crash when diving up the inside of another rider. The bike and I were both fine but it wasted a good part of the 40 minute session!
When I got back out on track I got 4 good laps in and the bike was feeling good. I finished up 14th overall but I’m confident that with some more laps and stringing a proper lap together we should be able to go quite a bit quicker.
- There’s no place like Assen. Are you ready for more?
- Can Alex Marquez make it four in a row at Assen?
- Down to the final chicane: Dalla Porta looks to strike back
- Be part of the next generation of champions
- Challenge #1 - Rider Playing: Jorge Lorenzo
- Ramirez: "It felt really amazing! It was incredible"
- “It was a normal mistake that had horrendous consequences”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?
- Aprilia, KTM continue testing in Barcelona
- That's a wrap: MotoE™ complete Valencia Test