Young Brit John McPhee has written on the blog on his official website of his eventful FP3 session in Qatar – which had disruptive and changeable weather conditions for everyone, as well as a fall for John.
Here is the session in his words – John finished P14.
Free practice 3 was quite a tough session for me. The wind had picked up a lot and the track was very dirty from a sand storm last night! This caused it to be very slippery and quite tricky to push as hard as you needed to. The lap times were on average around 2 seconds slower most of the session compared to yesterday just with the track conditions.
I started to find my rhythm after a few laps and then unfortunately had a small crash when diving up the inside of another rider. The bike and I were both fine but it wasted a good part of the 40 minute session!
When I got back out on track I got 4 good laps in and the bike was feeling good. I finished up 14th overall but I’m confident that with some more laps and stringing a proper lap together we should be able to go quite a bit quicker.
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”
- How do you connect with MotoGP™?
- Quartararo: The not-so-rookie, rookie
- Viñales penalty: a victory costing mistake?