Commercial rights holder of the MotoGP™ World Championship, Dorna Sports, and bwin, Europe’s largest sports book, have announced a two-year extension of their longstanding partnership which began in 2004.
The new agreement will see bwin continue as title sponsor for two Grand Prix; the Gran Premio bwin de España (Jerez, Spain) and the bwin Grand Prix České Republiky (Brno, Czech Republic) until 2015. Additionally, bwin will also have a highly visible presence at the Misano, Mugello and Silverstone Grand Prix.
As well as enjoying high profile branding throughout the circuits, including at the track, pit lane, podium and press centre areas, bwin will use its extensive access to MotoGP’s digital channels to offer exclusive race experiences and bring fans closer to the action.
This fan-centric digital engagement could be seen at last Grand Prix in Jerez where winners of the bwin MotoGP Poker Series experienced life in the fast lane, playing a poker tournament in the paddock and enjoying all areas access to the riders and teams.
Norbert Teufelberger, CEO at bwin.party digital entertainment plc, said: “We are proud to be extending our partnership with MotoGP for another two seasons. MotoGP is one of most exciting sports in the world and is a perfect fit for the bwin brand.”
Pau Serracanta, Dorna’s Managing Director, Commercial Area, added: “I’m very happy about this renewal we are announcing today. Mainly because it is a sign that the relationship between bwin and MotoGP is firmly established still 10 years after it was started. I am sure that this new two-year agreement will last several more, as the success of this partnership has more than satisfied both parties.”
Source: Dorna Sports / motogp.com
- Preseason, pace and 2017: the first talking points in Losail
- It’s ITA vs QAT as Rossi takes on skeet shooting
- Viñales “motivated to start this new era”
- Marquez: “The limit in Qatar is very narrow”
- Pedrosa: “It’s difficult to make any predictions!”
- VR46: “Now, I really need to race”
- Ken Kawauchi: Suzuki Ecstar blog
- Back in the saddle: British Talent Team ready to race
- Bradley Smith's blog: Looking back and looking forward
- Dorna unites with ‘Vive la Moto’ road safety platform