English rider Danny Webb (Ambrogio Racing Suter Honda) consolidated a strong weekend by qualifying ninth fastest. He missed the last race after fracturing his foot in practice, but has returned at full strength. Team-mate Brad Binder,
from South Africa, was less than half-a-second slower, and placed 11th.
Danny Webb – 1m 58.910s “The whole weekend has been pretty good – no trouble from my foot, and I can ride without painkillers. I only got a few laps in the first session yesterday, but it was wet anyway. From yesterday afternoon it’s been working well. I came into qualifying feeling confident. All weekend I’ve had a good pace and been consistent. The only place we struggle a bit is on the straights, but if you pick up a slipstream you are okay. I’ll be trying to do that in tomorrow’s race.”
Source: Honda Racing
- Texas: Marquez' American beauty
- Lorenzo's homage to motorsport's greats opens in Andorra
- Argentina: The good, the bad and the unlucky
- Ferran Cardús wins Spanish Flat Track title
- Binder: “2016 has been insane”
- Michelin: Reviewing 2016
- Tito Rabat: “I've learned a lot"
- Registration open for the ADAC Northern Europe Cup 2017
- Qatar: Lorenzo lights up the desert
- FIM Gala: 2016 World Champions honoured in Berlin