English rider Danny Webb (Ambrogio Racing Suter Honda) consolidated a strong weekend by qualifying ninth fastest. He missed the last race after fracturing his foot in practice, but has returned at full strength. Team-mate Brad Binder,
from South Africa, was less than half-a-second slower, and placed 11th.
Danny Webb – 1m 58.910s “The whole weekend has been pretty good – no trouble from my foot, and I can ride without painkillers. I only got a few laps in the first session yesterday, but it was wet anyway. From yesterday afternoon it’s been working well. I came into qualifying feeling confident. All weekend I’ve had a good pace and been consistent. The only place we struggle a bit is on the straights, but if you pick up a slipstream you are okay. I’ll be trying to do that in tomorrow’s race.”
Source: Honda Racing
- Rins undergoes successful surgery - Tsuda in for Jerez
- Scene set at Assen for first ADAC Northern Europe Cup race
- An exciting new season starts in Albacete
- Fenati: “I consider everyone on the grid a threat”
- Pol Espargaro: "We were really unlucky"
- Barbera hails step forward with new riding style
- Rabat on a point-scoring roll in 2017
- Nakagami: “It’s difficult to stop Franco”
- From Cervera to Tokyo: documentary now on motogp.com!
- Redding: “Very tough race”