It was a good race for Brit Kyle Smith at the Catalunya Grand Prix this weekend, little by little getting accustomed to the pace of the class and the world championship. After a start which placed him in the group fighting for points, Kyle did a smart race with good pace which promised a possible first points scoring position. Unfortunately the problems with the rear tyre he already had in the warmup returned in the race, depriving him of finishing in the points. Nevertheless, Smith has shown a good progression which make him and the team look forward to the next round at Assen.
9 Kyle Smith (17th, +44.392): “I’m very happy with how I felt during the race, but I am unhappy that the problem we had with the tyre deprived us of taking the first points, surely. In the warmup it already happened, but we did not imagine that would happen in the race. It’s a shame and I’m sorry especially for the team, because they deserve some joy. But this is racing and we won’t complain. Every time I go better in the races and I want to progress further. Now once again comes a circuit that I do not know, but I am very motivated and hope to continue this way.”
Source: Avintia Racing
- Take no prisoners: Rins & Miller break out of Melbourne Gaol
- Dovizioso’s secret weapon: mental training vs physical
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission at Motegi
- Australians across all MotoGP™ classes at the ready
- #StatAttack: MotoGP™ Down Under
- Take two: Mir looks to take the throne in Australia
- The duel heads Down Under: can history repeat itself?
- Eye of the Storm: Marquez vs Dovizioso fires up the Island
- Marquez and Pedrosa visit Astra Honda Factory Indonesia
- Maria Herrera replaces injured Arenas at Aspar