Young Brit Danny Webb, 21st on the grid for the Catalunya Grand Prix in Montmelo, progressed up to a possible fight for a place inside the top ten, eventually finishing the race in 14th position and taking home two championship points.
Danny Webb (41’37”210 – 14°) “My pace was really good and in the race I felt comfortable. We did a good step ahead from qualifying. The problem was that out of the slipstream I could not pass. I’ve been aggressive on the first few laps and in the fourth I made up four positions. I arrived in the group of Brad and got stuck in it. In the last lap I’ve been a little bit unfortunate and almost touched with another rider and was overtaken. We have to take the positive from race: we have been better than in qualifying and my feeling was better in the race. We must do a step ahead in qualifying. I’m happy with the progress we did, but the result could have been better”.
Source: Ambrogio Racing
- Bradl: “I am happy with the top 10”
- Navarro: "I said to myself 'this has to be our race'"
- Rabat: "I'm running out of leathers!"
- The "new and improved" Marquez: fighting the demon within
- Binder: "Something is changing in South Africa"
- Baz: “My target was to finish”
- Bautista satisfied with MotorLand
- Laverty draws on positives in 14th
- Pirro gives his verdict on MotorLand
- Marquez, Pedrosa complete productive one-day test at Aragon