Young Brit Danny Webb, 21st on the grid for the Catalunya Grand Prix in Montmelo, progressed up to a possible fight for a place inside the top ten, eventually finishing the race in 14th position and taking home two championship points.
Danny Webb (41’37”210 – 14°) “My pace was really good and in the race I felt comfortable. We did a good step ahead from qualifying. The problem was that out of the slipstream I could not pass. I’ve been aggressive on the first few laps and in the fourth I made up four positions. I arrived in the group of Brad and got stuck in it. In the last lap I’ve been a little bit unfortunate and almost touched with another rider and was overtaken. We have to take the positive from race: we have been better than in qualifying and my feeling was better in the race. We must do a step ahead in qualifying. I’m happy with the progress we did, but the result could have been better”.
Source: Ambrogio Racing
- Preseason, pace and 2017: the first talking points in Losail
- It’s ITA vs QAT as Rossi takes on skeet shooting
- Viñales “motivated to start this new era”
- Marquez: “The limit in Qatar is very narrow”
- Pedrosa: “It’s difficult to make any predictions!”
- VR46: “Now, I really need to race”
- Ken Kawauchi: Suzuki Ecstar blog
- Back in the saddle: British Talent Team ready to race
- Bradley Smith's blog: Looking back and looking forward
- Dorna unites with ‘Vive la Moto’ road safety platform