Young Brit Danny Webb, 21st on the grid for the Catalunya Grand Prix in Montmelo, progressed up to a possible fight for a place inside the top ten, eventually finishing the race in 14th position and taking home two championship points.
Danny Webb (41’37”210 – 14°) “My pace was really good and in the race I felt comfortable. We did a good step ahead from qualifying. The problem was that out of the slipstream I could not pass. I’ve been aggressive on the first few laps and in the fourth I made up four positions. I arrived in the group of Brad and got stuck in it. In the last lap I’ve been a little bit unfortunate and almost touched with another rider and was overtaken. We have to take the positive from race: we have been better than in qualifying and my feeling was better in the race. We must do a step ahead in qualifying. I’m happy with the progress we did, but the result could have been better”.
Source: Ambrogio Racing
- MotoGP™ to remain at the Twin Ring Motegi until 2023
- Nakagami announced at LCR Honda in 2018
- #CzechGP and #AustrianGP: Twitter Highlights
- Aero-fairings: some post-Austria questions answered
- Martin: “I wasn’t even sure I could finish”
- Jake Dixon joins Dynavolt Intact GP for Silverstone
- Rins: “Someone hit me and I went off”
- Barbera: “I had a good fight with Miller and Redding”
- The best of the #AustrianGP
- Pol Espargaro: “We just had simple bad luck”