Young Brit Danny Webb, 21st on the grid for the Catalunya Grand Prix in Montmelo, progressed up to a possible fight for a place inside the top ten, eventually finishing the race in 14th position and taking home two championship points.
Danny Webb (41’37”210 – 14°) “My pace was really good and in the race I felt comfortable. We did a good step ahead from qualifying. The problem was that out of the slipstream I could not pass. I’ve been aggressive on the first few laps and in the fourth I made up four positions. I arrived in the group of Brad and got stuck in it. In the last lap I’ve been a little bit unfortunate and almost touched with another rider and was overtaken. We have to take the positive from race: we have been better than in qualifying and my feeling was better in the race. We must do a step ahead in qualifying. I’m happy with the progress we did, but the result could have been better”.
Source: Ambrogio Racing
- Lorenzo: “The worst scenario to try to make a step”
- Pol Espargaro: “If the rain had come, I was late to switch"
- Marquez: “You need to be fast, but you need a strategy"
- Crutchlow: “I think I could have stolen pole”
- Luthi takes pole as Moto2™ qualifying gets a shake up
- High and dry: Marquez’ perfect pole gamble
- Q1: Crutchlow and Lorenzo through as Rossi left in 15th
- Hayden top in another interrupted FP4
- Pole rush: Binder takes Moto3™ last lap shootout
- Zarco fastest in last minute FP3 dash