Young Brit Danny Webb, 21st on the grid for the Catalunya Grand Prix in Montmelo, progressed up to a possible fight for a place inside the top ten, eventually finishing the race in 14th position and taking home two championship points.
Danny Webb (41’37”210 – 14°) “My pace was really good and in the race I felt comfortable. We did a good step ahead from qualifying. The problem was that out of the slipstream I could not pass. I’ve been aggressive on the first few laps and in the fourth I made up four positions. I arrived in the group of Brad and got stuck in it. In the last lap I’ve been a little bit unfortunate and almost touched with another rider and was overtaken. We have to take the positive from race: we have been better than in qualifying and my feeling was better in the race. We must do a step ahead in qualifying. I’m happy with the progress we did, but the result could have been better”.
Source: Ambrogio Racing
- FIM receive technical report on Luis Salom crash
- Miller: “This test was really important”
- Rossi: “I think racing here will be very difficult”
- Bautista: “You need a lot of engine”
- Espargaro: “We tried different solutions”
- Dovizioso: “Here we have been really competitive”
- Crutchlow: “I was pleasantly surprised with the lap times”
- KTM delighted with progress after test
- Iannone: “We tried the new chassis”
- Lowes: “I am pleased with the level we have achieved”