Young Brit Danny Webb, 21st on the grid for the Catalunya Grand Prix in Montmelo, progressed up to a possible fight for a place inside the top ten, eventually finishing the race in 14th position and taking home two championship points.
Danny Webb (41’37”210 – 14°) “My pace was really good and in the race I felt comfortable. We did a good step ahead from qualifying. The problem was that out of the slipstream I could not pass. I’ve been aggressive on the first few laps and in the fourth I made up four positions. I arrived in the group of Brad and got stuck in it. In the last lap I’ve been a little bit unfortunate and almost touched with another rider and was overtaken. We have to take the positive from race: we have been better than in qualifying and my feeling was better in the race. We must do a step ahead in qualifying. I’m happy with the progress we did, but the result could have been better”.
Source: Ambrogio Racing
- Pedrosa: “Races like today are a lottery”
- Hernandez: “I felt sure I could win the race”
- The young shine while the experienced despair
- Migno: “In the last corner I took a risk”
- Di Giannantonio: “On the last lap I attacked right away”
- Morbidelli: “I had a lot of fun fighting”
- Zarco: “I thought it was possible to catch him”
- Australia reacts to their newest Grand Prix winner
- Lorenzo: “I was even thinking about stopping”
- Marquez: “It was very dangerous out there”