Young Brit Danny Webb, 21st on the grid for the Catalunya Grand Prix in Montmelo, progressed up to a possible fight for a place inside the top ten, eventually finishing the race in 14th position and taking home two championship points.
Danny Webb (41’37”210 – 14°) “My pace was really good and in the race I felt comfortable. We did a good step ahead from qualifying. The problem was that out of the slipstream I could not pass. I’ve been aggressive on the first few laps and in the fourth I made up four positions. I arrived in the group of Brad and got stuck in it. In the last lap I’ve been a little bit unfortunate and almost touched with another rider and was overtaken. We have to take the positive from race: we have been better than in qualifying and my feeling was better in the race. We must do a step ahead in qualifying. I’m happy with the progress we did, but the result could have been better”.
Source: Ambrogio Racing
- MotoGP™ live on new Spíler TV in Hungary from 2017
- Smith out for Silverstone and Misano - Lowes to step in
- Binder sets his sights on the #BritishGP
- Championship closes up as Moto2™ head for Silverstone
- Silverstone calling as MotoGP™ returns to the UK
- Aegerter injured whilst training
- Birt on the first British win since 1981
- KTM run intensive test at Misano
- Martin aims to build on maiden podium
- Smith injured in Oschersleben crash