Young Brit Danny Webb, 21st on the grid for the Catalunya Grand Prix in Montmelo, progressed up to a possible fight for a place inside the top ten, eventually finishing the race in 14th position and taking home two championship points.
Danny Webb (41’37”210 – 14°) “My pace was really good and in the race I felt comfortable. We did a good step ahead from qualifying. The problem was that out of the slipstream I could not pass. I’ve been aggressive on the first few laps and in the fourth I made up four positions. I arrived in the group of Brad and got stuck in it. In the last lap I’ve been a little bit unfortunate and almost touched with another rider and was overtaken. We have to take the positive from race: we have been better than in qualifying and my feeling was better in the race. We must do a step ahead in qualifying. I’m happy with the progress we did, but the result could have been better”.
Source: Ambrogio Racing
- Texas: Marquez' American beauty
- Lorenzo's homage to motorsport's greats opens in Andorra
- Argentina: The good, the bad and the unlucky
- Ferran Cardús wins Spanish Flat Track title
- Binder: “2016 has been insane”
- Michelin: Reviewing 2016
- Tito Rabat: “I've learned a lot"
- Registration open for the ADAC Northern Europe Cup 2017
- Qatar: Lorenzo lights up the desert
- FIM Gala: 2016 World Champions honoured in Berlin