Tech 3 Racing Moto2 rider Danny Kent is optimistic he can finish inside the points in tomorrow’s Dutch TT after an encouraging qualifying performance at the historic Assen track.
Danny will start the seventh round of the 2013 campaign from a further six places down the grid in 25th, but that position certainly didn’t represent the hard charging teenager’s true potential.
Kent was less than 1.2s off pole position with a personal best of 1.39.928 and after a confidence-inspiring first top 15 finish at the last round in Catalunya, he is determined to register more vital World Championship points in tomorrow’s race.
Danny Kent 25th 1.39.928: http://katriinalankinen.com/?art=CashSplash-%285-Reel%29-peliautomaatti&5b8=d3 CashSplash (5-Reel) peliautomaatti “Obviously it is not great to be down in 25th but the times are very close. I am only 1.2s off pole position and I was the same gap off in Barcelona but I was much higher up the grid in 17th. I managed to get some points in Barcelona and that is my goal again here in Assen. I didn’t have a lot of confidence with the bike today but hopefully the warm-up will be dry and we can work on improving the set-up for the race.”
Source: Tech3 Communications
- Asia Talent Cup registration set to open
- Stoner returns to Europe with Misano test
- Bagnaia reflects on his historic Assen win
- Lowes gets first Aprilia RS-GP ride
- Pedrosa Blog: Looking to recover points in Germany
- Rabat: “I’m not normally so confident in the rain”
- Bautista: “At the restart I stayed calm”
- Smith: “We will continue to soldier on”
- Pirro: “The limit was so narrow that I couldn’t save it”
- Halfway point of the season at Albacete