British rider Danny Kent was a fast starter this afternoon in the Moto2 race at Assen’s Dutch TT,and like teammate Louis Rossi an aggressive first lap saw him move four places up the rankings to the brink of the top 20.
He gradually built up to a fast and consistent rhythm and shortly before the halfway stage he was poised to mount a charge on the top 15.
Unfortunately he was unable to maintain his pace and he slipped down the order to 20th, the teenager now looking to bounce back with a strong result at the next round in Germany before the summer break.
Danny Kent 20th – 3 points :
“Obviously I am not happy with how today’s race went. Coming into this weekend I was really excited because Assen is of my favourite tracks and after the positive result in Catalunya I was optimistic I would be in the top 15 again. But all weekend we struggled with the set-up and I was fighting the bike the whole time. All I can do is try and put this result behind me as quickly as possible and get to Germany and focus on being strong and in the hunt for the points again.”
Source: Tech3 Communications
- Alex Marquez: First Moto2™ podium
- Hernandez just misses out on a point
- First lap clash costly for Pramac duo
- Pol Espargaro: "I made a mistake at the beginning"
- Moto3™: MotorLand Test
- Moto2™: MotorLand test
- Good ride gives Espargaro seventh
- Binder: "Now I can push!"
- Smith ready to return at Motegi
- Lowes: “We worked really hard”