Tech 3 Racing Team rider Danny Kent is confident a second points scoring finish in the 2013 Moto2 World Championship is well within his grasp after he returned from the long summer break in fast form at the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
The British rider will start tomorrow’s 25-lap race from 20th position on the grid, but his final pace in qualifying certainly doesn’t reflect his true potential after he challenged for the top 10 for long periods in an exciting session.
Kent ended with a personal best lap of 1.43.956, which was less than a second behind the fastest pace set by World Championship leader and compatriot Scott Redding.
Danny Kent 20th 1.43.956 – 21 laps
“I’m happy with how the weekend has gone but I’m not satisfied with our grid position as it does not show our true potential and the pace we have displayed throughout the weekend. Nevertheless I’m really confident that with a good start tomorrow I’ll be able to stay with the top 15 and fight for the points to get a boost of confidence to start the second half of the season.”
Source: Tech3 Communications
- Dovi leads the charge to Q2
- Rossi: the statistics behind the decades
- FP3: Marquez leads Baldassarri and Oliveira
- Canet, Martin and Antonelli head up FP3
- Lorenzo: aero or no aero is the question in Qatar
- Dovizioso: “I’m not too worried…”
- Suzuki closest challenger to Ducati on Day 1
- MotoE™ Teams announced
- Sparks fly: Dovizioso edges to the top on first day of 2018
- Enjoy the #QatarGP LIVE with VideoPass