Kyle Smith finished qualifying in 28th place having had to learn the track from scratch and getting to grips with finding the ideal line and the difficult layout. During qualifying he rode with a group of fast riders which could have helped him to improve his own time but in the end he couldn’t quite do it. Kyle is confident though that he can have a good race and improve his performance.
#9 Kyle Smith – 28th place – 1.45.312
I had to learn and adapt to this circuit and to be honest, Indy is not easy. I have to improve the bike setup because I don’t feel quite comfortable, and I have to improve. I know I can go quicker and I want to do just that. Despite starting from far back, I’m happy because compared to Friday we improved a lot. During qualifying I rode with a fast group but I wasn’t really able to make use of this as I committed a few small mistakes and I couldn’t keep up with them. I hope during the race I can further improve my lap times and finish the race in a good position.
Source: Avintia Racing
- Texas: Marquez' American beauty
- Lorenzo's homage to motorsport's greats opens in Andorra
- Argentina: The good, the bad and the unlucky
- Ferran Cardús wins Spanish Flat Track title
- Binder: “2016 has been insane”
- Michelin: Reviewing 2016
- Tito Rabat: “I've learned a lot"
- Registration open for the ADAC Northern Europe Cup 2017
- Qatar: Lorenzo lights up the desert
- FIM Gala: 2016 World Champions honoured in Berlin