With the Czech Grand Prix getting underway today, it has been confirmed that current replacement Dani Rivas will take over Kyle Smith’s Moto2 seat with the Avintia Blusens Team for the rest of the season.
After a main sponsor pulled out over the summer break, it looked like Kyle had already lost his place in the team, but a late confirmation of him travelling to the U.S. and participating in the Indianapolis Grand Prix with the team gave some hope he might be able to continue for the rest of the year. These hopes have now been shattered as Spaniard Dani Rivas has taken to the track at Brno with Kyle’s bike and the team issued the following statement after Indy:
“Unfortunately, the loss of the support of Kyle Smith’s main sponsor and the impossibility of the rider to face the economic commitments with the Blusens Avintia team have caused that, despite the excellent relationship between the rider and the team, Kyle is replaced by Dani Rivas, the CEV rider from Galicia. Dani will travel to Brno and race the remaining GPs until the end of the season. All the members of the Blusens Avintia team wish good luck to Kyle Smith for the future.”
Source: Avintia Racing
- There’s no place like Assen. Are you ready for more?
- Can Alex Marquez make it four in a row at Assen?
- Down to the final chicane: Dalla Porta looks to strike back
- Be part of the next generation of champions
- Challenge #1 - Rider Playing: Jorge Lorenzo
- Ramirez: "It felt really amazing! It was incredible"
- “It was a normal mistake that had horrendous consequences”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?
- Aprilia, KTM continue testing in Barcelona
- That's a wrap: MotoE™ complete Valencia Test