With the Czech Grand Prix getting underway today, it has been confirmed that current replacement Dani Rivas will take over Kyle Smith’s Moto2 seat with the Avintia Blusens Team for the rest of the season.
After a main sponsor pulled out over the summer break, it looked like Kyle had already lost his place in the team, but a late confirmation of him travelling to the U.S. and participating in the Indianapolis Grand Prix with the team gave some hope he might be able to continue for the rest of the year. These hopes have now been shattered as Spaniard Dani Rivas has taken to the track at Brno with Kyle’s bike and the team issued the following statement after Indy:
“Unfortunately, the loss of the support of Kyle Smith’s main sponsor and the impossibility of the rider to face the economic commitments with the Blusens Avintia team have caused that, despite the excellent relationship between the rider and the team, Kyle is replaced by Dani Rivas, the CEV rider from Galicia. Dani will travel to Brno and race the remaining GPs until the end of the season. All the members of the Blusens Avintia team wish good luck to Kyle Smith for the future.”
Source: Avintia Racing
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?
- Moot point? The Moto3™ duel lands in the UK
- MotoGP™ KymiRing test ready for lift off in Finland
- "Top speed and braking stability are important"
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration