With the Czech Grand Prix getting underway today, it has been confirmed that current replacement Dani Rivas will take over Kyle Smith’s Moto2 seat with the Avintia Blusens Team for the rest of the season.
After a main sponsor pulled out over the summer break, it looked like Kyle had already lost his place in the team, but a late confirmation of him travelling to the U.S. and participating in the Indianapolis Grand Prix with the team gave some hope he might be able to continue for the rest of the year. These hopes have now been shattered as Spaniard Dani Rivas has taken to the track at Brno with Kyle’s bike and the team issued the following statement after Indy:
“Unfortunately, the loss of the support of Kyle Smith’s main sponsor and the impossibility of the rider to face the economic commitments with the Blusens Avintia team have caused that, despite the excellent relationship between the rider and the team, Kyle is replaced by Dani Rivas, the CEV rider from Galicia. Dani will travel to Brno and race the remaining GPs until the end of the season. All the members of the Blusens Avintia team wish good luck to Kyle Smith for the future.”
Source: Avintia Racing
- Ducati Team unveil 2020 bikes
- Photo gallery: Ducati Team 2020 launch
- Pawi: "It was a long recovery, but now the feeling is good"
- 2020 MotoGP™ calendar officially confirmed
- Arbolino: "I’m ready for any condition and challenge"
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 5: KTM
- Is 2020 MV Agusta’s time to shine again?
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 4: Suzuki
- Watch Ducati Team’s 2020 presentation LIVE!
- Belgian Motorcycle Academy joins the Road to MotoGP™