Commercial rights holder of the MotoGP™ World Championship, Dorna Sports S.L., is pleased to announce renowned Swiss watch manufacturer Tissot as the title sponsor for this year’s Australian race on October 20th, which will be named the Tissot Australian Grand Prix.
Tissot, which has been a partner to MotoGP™ for many years and has an important role in the championship’s official timekeeping, will benefit from great exposure throughout the Grand Prix held at the infamous Phillip Island. Trackside advertising, enhanced TV visibility and press coverage will create a tremendous platform for Tissot to showcase its image and timekeeping precision across key global markets.
Pau Serracanta, Managing Director Commercial Area at Dorna, commented: “I am very happy that Tissot is once again supporting our sport with such strength and commitment. Tissot is already an established brand in MotoGP and has an important role as the official timekeeper. For years, the names Tissot and MotoGP have gone together, and the fact that it has opted to be the title sponsor of a Grand Prix like Australia strengthens this successful relationship immensely.”
Tissot President François Thiébaud added: “We are very pleased to further reinforce our already strong relationship with MotoGP and the sport of motorcycle racing. Becoming the title sponsor for the Tissot Australian Grand Prix at such a legendary circuit, combined with our timekeeping services, will serve to further highlight the precision and performance of our products to fans all around the world during a key period in the MotoGP World Championship.
Source: Dorna Sports / motogp.com
- Preseason, pace and 2017: the first talking points in Losail
- It’s ITA vs QAT as Rossi takes on skeet shooting
- Viñales “motivated to start this new era”
- Marquez: “The limit in Qatar is very narrow”
- Pedrosa: “It’s difficult to make any predictions!”
- VR46: “Now, I really need to race”
- Ken Kawauchi: Suzuki Ecstar blog
- Back in the saddle: British Talent Team ready to race
- Bradley Smith's blog: Looking back and looking forward
- Dorna unites with ‘Vive la Moto’ road safety platform