Commercial rights holder of the MotoGP™ World Championship, Dorna Sports S.L., is pleased to announce renowned Swiss watch manufacturer Tissot as the title sponsor for this year’s Australian race on October 20th, which will be named the Tissot Australian Grand Prix.
Tissot, which has been a partner to MotoGP™ for many years and has an important role in the championship’s official timekeeping, will benefit from great exposure throughout the Grand Prix held at the infamous Phillip Island. Trackside advertising, enhanced TV visibility and press coverage will create a tremendous platform for Tissot to showcase its image and timekeeping precision across key global markets.
Pau Serracanta, Managing Director Commercial Area at Dorna, commented: “I am very happy that Tissot is once again supporting our sport with such strength and commitment. Tissot is already an established brand in MotoGP and has an important role as the official timekeeper. For years, the names Tissot and MotoGP have gone together, and the fact that it has opted to be the title sponsor of a Grand Prix like Australia strengthens this successful relationship immensely.”
Tissot President François Thiébaud added: “We are very pleased to further reinforce our already strong relationship with MotoGP and the sport of motorcycle racing. Becoming the title sponsor for the Tissot Australian Grand Prix at such a legendary circuit, combined with our timekeeping services, will serve to further highlight the precision and performance of our products to fans all around the world during a key period in the MotoGP World Championship.
Source: Dorna Sports / motogp.com
- 2018 and the incredible record of the Road to MotoGP™
- GP Recap: Marquez makes a mark on the title in the Czech GP
- FIM Moto-e World Cup to race with Michelin
- GP Recap: Marquez makes it eight in a row in Germany
- Energica to supply motorcycles for FIM Moto-e World Cup
- Down to business for the Dutch GP
- GP Recap: Rossi takes memorable 115th win in Assen
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya
- GP Recap: Dovi does it for Ducati in Mugello
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission on November 29th