Tech 3 Racing Team rider Danny Kent will start tomorrow’s Misano Moto2 race in San Marino brimming with confidence and optimistic that he can secure a maiden top 10 finish after an excellent qualifying performance earlier this afternoon.
The British rider powered his Mistral 610 machine to the 13th best time in hot and sunny conditions at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
His best pace of 1.38.788 was less than 0.5s away from the top six and the 19-year-old is now determined to make an aggressive start to try and better his previous best Moto2 result of 12th in Brno last month.
Kent also demonstrated his determination and commitment to help the French-based Tech 3 squad achieve the best possible result in tomorrow’s 26-lap race when he allowed teammate Louis Rossi to follow him in the closing stages of this afternoon’s qualifying session.
Danny Kent 13th 1.38.788 – 22 laps :
“I am really happy to be in 13th place on the grid because it gives me a great opportunity to finish inside the top 10 for the first time. The lap times are so close that a bad qualifying like I had in Silverstone would have been very costly and made it very hard for me to score points. So I have achieved the first objective to qualify well and now I am confident and looking forward to the race. I need to make a good start and keep pushing because I am sure I can score my first top 10 in Moto2 and that would be a great reward for all the hard work put in by my Tech 3 Racing crew.”
Source: Tech3 Communications
- Morbidelli and Marquez home and dry in wet FP3
- FP3: Redding vs Rossi under the rain
- Bendsneyder reigns wet, incident-filled FP3 at home
- Can Öncü dominates Assen Qualifying
- McPhee gets into the rhythm at the 'Cathedral' of speed
- Rossi off to a flier at Assen
- Folger: “The accident made me a bit nervous”
- Marquez: “Assen is always a tricky circuit for us”
- Viñales: “We gained a lot of information”
- Quirónsalud officially named MotoGP™ Medical Direction