Work continued for the Ducati Team on the second of three days of testing planned for this week at Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana, where Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow turned 62 and 53 laps, respectively.
Crutchlow continued familiarizing himself with his new bike and experimenting with setup. The Briton suffered a crash at Turn 8 near the end of the day, at which point he occupied the eleventh spot on the timesheets.
Ducati Test Team rider Michele Pirro devoted his day to trying various frame configurations intended to improve corner entry and to confirming new electronic strategies.
Cal Crutchlow (Ducati Team) 11th, 1:32.114 (53 laps)
“Obviously we’re just getting to grips with the Ducati, riding around doing as much as possible. We didn’t do a lot of laps, but made a lot of changes. The team’s working good, they’re listening to my comments a lot, and Gigi is here gathering information. It was a more challenging day for me today, but positive in the end. We didn’t go as fast as yesterday, but would’ve gone faster as we changed the bike really drastically at the end of the day and seemed to have found something, but it was a compromise, as I had rear grip but little front grip and crashed! I think we could’ve been in the mid-31s if we had pushed.”
Source: Ducati Press
- Last chance saloon: Austin hosts eSport Online Challenge 3
- Iannone handed 18-month suspension
- We have to win this global race together
- Lowes: "The best thing is I'm with my fiancée and daughter"
- Enjoy ALL the MotoGP™ content for FREE
- Mamola: from king of saves to king of Instagram
- Petronas Yamaha SRT boss urges everyone to "stay at home"
- Happy 100th anniversary Suzuki
- "It's the first time I've started well in my life" - Viñales
- Marquez & Quartararo just miss out on Virtual Race rostrum