After 15 years away, Grand Prix motorcycle racing returned to Argentina on Friday. It did so at a new track: Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo. Danny Kent adapted very well on the opening day, making his best start to a weekend of the Grand Prix season with the sixth fastest time.
Danny Kent was patient on his first laps of the Argentinian track. After beginning to learn the best lines in the opening practice session and having adjustments made in the garage, the Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo rider took an important step forward to place amongst the fastest on track.
His 1:52.765 put him third and gave him his best practice placing of the season so far. The Briton continued his progress in the afternoon; with six minutes remaining he led the way with a 1:51.283 –eventually enough to put him sixth.
Tomorrow sees the final free practice session and the third qualifying run of the season. The best grid position for a Husqvarna bike in Moto3 so far is the second row taken by Danny Kent in Qatar.
52 DANNY KENT
“Up to now this was our best Friday of the season. My feeling with the bike is good and our position was better than we have had in previous races. I feel confident, but there are some adjustments that we will change again tomorrow. I am happy, because we have started the weekend on the right line and we need to continue like this in order to have a good race on Sunday.”
Source: Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon
- “Sometimes a bit of an injury can work in your favour”
- Fit your wet tyres! Online Challenge #4 is ready to go!
- The official poster for the San Marino GP is launched
- Puig vows Lorenzo "will fight to be back" for Czech GP
- Binder confirmed to make 2020 MotoGP™ move
- Yamaha will test 2020 prototype at Brno test
- MotorLand Aragon welcomes the FIM CEV Repsol