Today proved a good day for Sam Lowes and Team Speed Up at the qualifying session of the Grand Prix of Brno.
The talented young Briton has a good feeling with the SF14, a good pace and knows the track, and today he finished in 4th position, with a best time of 2’02.322, 0.411 from the 1st – the Spaniard Tito Rabat.
Tomorrow Sam will start the race from the second row of the grid – an excellent opportunity to make progress and to potentially fight for a podium.
SAM LOWES – 4th – in 2’02.322
“We had a really good week end, we had a lot of discussion after Indianapolis to try to make a good step because as Team we know that the second half of the season can be good because I know the circuits more and I can get used to the bike. Is good because in the first session we were 17th , then we put some new parts on the bike and we qualified 4th so It’s really positive. Maybe we could have been front row, but 4th position is still close. In the race I feel very strong, I think I can battle good and It would be very nice to get my first podium in Moto2 before Silverstone, I will give my best”.
Source: Speed Up
- Rossi on Triumph era of Moto2™ “a bit bigger, a bit faster”
- MotoE™ test confirmed for Valencia in June
- Horsman strikes back in Race 2 at Silverstone
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA