Today proved a good day for Sam Lowes and Team Speed Up at the qualifying session of the Grand Prix of Brno.
The talented young Briton has a good feeling with the SF14, a good pace and knows the track, and today he finished in 4th position, with a best time of 2’02.322, 0.411 from the 1st – the Spaniard Tito Rabat.
Tomorrow Sam will start the race from the second row of the grid – an excellent opportunity to make progress and to potentially fight for a podium.
SAM LOWES – 4th – in 2’02.322
“We had a really good week end, we had a lot of discussion after Indianapolis to try to make a good step because as Team we know that the second half of the season can be good because I know the circuits more and I can get used to the bike. Is good because in the first session we were 17th , then we put some new parts on the bike and we qualified 4th so It’s really positive. Maybe we could have been front row, but 4th position is still close. In the race I feel very strong, I think I can battle good and It would be very nice to get my first podium in Moto2 before Silverstone, I will give my best”.
Source: Speed Up
- An all-time classic: Sheene vs Roberts 40 years on
- Crutchlow and Viñales meet Chelsea star at Stamford Bridge
- The British Talent Cup season finale arrives at Silverstone!
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone
- Inaugural MotoGP™ KymiRing Test comes to a close
- Paranoid about the weather – surely not
- First Women in Motorsport conference takes place in Finland
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return