In similar conditions to the opening race of the day, Marco Melandri (Aprilia Racing Team) has won Race 2 at Magny-Cours.
Long time leader Jonathan Rea (Pata Honda World Superbike Team) crashed spectacularly on lap 11, before remounting only to retire to the pits.
That left the Aprilia pairing of Sylvain Guintoli and Marco Melandri to dual it out for the victory with the Italian getting the better of his French team mate this time out.
Leon Haslam rode superbly aboard his Honda overhauling reigning champion Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) in the closing stages to take his first podium since Misano 2012 and his first since joining the Pata Honda World Superbike team.
Behind the top four, Lorenzo Lanzi (3C Racing Ducati), and his team mate Max Neukirchner completed the top six.
In the EVO fight, top honours went to Niccolo Canepa (Althea Racing Ducati). Best classified EVO rider in race one Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad Italia) crashed twice, the second signalling the end of his race. He was uninjured.
For Team Toth BMW it was a race for real celebration as both of their riders scored points in the same race for the first time in their short WSBK career.
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone
- Inaugural MotoGP™ KymiRing Test comes to a close
- Paranoid about the weather – surely not
- First Women in Motorsport conference takes place in Finland
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Slight changes to the Silverstone time schedule
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test