In similar conditions to the opening race of the day, Marco Melandri (Aprilia Racing Team) has won Race 2 at Magny-Cours.
Long time leader Jonathan Rea (Pata Honda World Superbike Team) crashed spectacularly on lap 11, before remounting only to retire to the pits.
That left the Aprilia pairing of Sylvain Guintoli and Marco Melandri to dual it out for the victory with the Italian getting the better of his French team mate this time out.
Leon Haslam rode superbly aboard his Honda overhauling reigning champion Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) in the closing stages to take his first podium since Misano 2012 and his first since joining the Pata Honda World Superbike team.
Behind the top four, Lorenzo Lanzi (3C Racing Ducati), and his team mate Max Neukirchner completed the top six.
In the EVO fight, top honours went to Niccolo Canepa (Althea Racing Ducati). Best classified EVO rider in race one Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad Italia) crashed twice, the second signalling the end of his race. He was uninjured.
For Team Toth BMW it was a race for real celebration as both of their riders scored points in the same race for the first time in their short WSBK career.
- Marquez, Binder, Navarro within a tenth on Day 2
- Canet closes out Day 2 on top
- Tony Skillington appointed FIM Chief Executive Officer
- Qatar Test: the final countdown begins
- Moto3™: Arbolino quickest out the blocks in 2019
- Moto2™: Marini triumphs on Day 1
- Marc Marquez: karting for Qatar
- Moto2™ and Moto3™: KTM testing at Jerez
- Last call: what can we expect at the Qatar Test?
- Estrella Galicia 0,0 present 2019 project in Madrid