Sam Lowes just missed out on his second pole of the season after crashing out of Q2 in Austin, but nonetheless starts from the front row in 2nd place.
Speed Up Racing’s Lowes set repeatedly broke the lap record on Saturday in FP3 and Qualifying, before unfortunately crashing out once more.
Luckily this time it was a lowside after his two huge highsides in Practice on Friday.
Lowes had to settle for 2nd after returning to his garage, but will be confident he has the pace to run at the front in the race today.
“I am happy because the goal is always to start on the front row, and after the two big crashes yesterday it was difficult for me because I am in some pain. On the bike is not a big problem, so it is not an excuse but I didn’t feel the best, so I am really happy to start from the front row, The race should be good, I hope its dry, because it will be a nice battle with the guys, and we will see. I think I am lucky as I made a mistake yesterday and had a big crash, and today I don’t feel the best, but I am lucky to not have a bigger injury. For sure I have to stop crashing and learn a little bit. But I am happy with my pace and maybe I just need to calm down a bit. Tomorrow it is important to finish, and I hope to have a good race, have a nice battle and do the best I can.”
- Marquez, Binder, Navarro within a tenth on Day 2
- Canet closes out Day 2 on top
- Tony Skillington appointed FIM Chief Executive Officer
- Qatar Test: the final countdown begins
- Moto3™: Arbolino quickest out the blocks in 2019
- Moto2™: Marini triumphs on Day 1
- Marc Marquez: karting for Qatar
- Moto2™ and Moto3™: KTM testing at Jerez
- Last call: what can we expect at the Qatar Test?
- Estrella Galicia 0,0 present 2019 project in Madrid