In contrast to the previous day, weather conditions were stable on race day in the spa region of Termas de Río Hondo. Despite dark skies, it remained dry. Kiefer Racing’s rider line-up with Danny Kent and teammate Dominique Aegerter qualified for 12th and 18th position on the grid respectively. After some encouraging displays during practice sessions it was the goal to finish inside the top ten with both.
But already during the early stages it was obviously, that Kiefer Racing had to reduce their expectations for the season’s second race. After start from twelfth on the grid, English rider Danny Kent dropped places and was unable to recover any further in the ranking than P15 before he crashed out of the race in lap 15.
The Championship continues in two weeks with the Grand Prix of the Americas in Austin, Texas.
#52 Danny KENT, DNF (World Championship position 19, 3 position):
“This outcome of the weekend is very frustrating. My start today was not the best. But as soon as I got in my rhythm, I was able to be faster than the group ahead of me, which was up to sixth position. But I always was following the group down the order and could never set a pace that would have been fast enough to pass the guys in front of me. I really had to risk a lot to leave a few riders behind me at least. Finally, I crashed in turn seven, when the front folded without any warnings. This was actually even more disappointing because I had never to endure such issues before. I absolutely could do nothing to prevent this stupid fall. This long trip to Argentina didn’t really pay off for us. But we must keep our head high and continue working hard in order to prepare for Austin. This race will hopefully turn the hand so we can show our true potential finally.”
- 2018 and the incredible record of the Road to MotoGP™
- GP Recap: Marquez makes a mark on the title in the Czech GP
- FIM Moto-e World Cup to race with Michelin
- GP Recap: Marquez makes it eight in a row in Germany
- Energica to supply motorcycles for FIM Moto-e World Cup
- Down to business for the Dutch GP
- GP Recap: Rossi takes memorable 115th win in Assen
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya
- GP Recap: Dovi does it for Ducati in Mugello
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission on November 29th