Bradley Smith made a fantastic start only to be unlucky in running wide and falling off just before the rain fell. He was desperately disappointed but fortunately didn’t get any injury.
The KTM RC16 motorcycles had further development after the last race in Barcelona following a three day test in Spain resulting in data and hardware applied even if wet weather thwarted further confirmation of those tests at Assen. Now the team’s focus is already upon the German Grand Prix weekend at the Sachsenring in seven days time, the fourth race in five weeks.
“I’m OK but just a little bit frustrated after I made a good start. In fact I felt pretty good and was in front of the group that was fighting for the top 8 but then they edged ahead as I had a new set up for this race, but I found my rhythm and got back into some low 1m 37s laps. However, later on I ran into turn seven a little bit too fast and tucked the front… I’m really sorry for the team and my crew as it’s quite frustrating that this has happened today but we’ll regroup and improve the motorcycle for Sachsenring next weekend.”
- Marquez tops testing in Barcelona
- Best finish yet: Pedrosa fights back to fifth
- Catalunya: a challenge for the rookies
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think”
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test
- Barcelona: best photos from the Catalan GP
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona
- Lorenzo: "Two months ago this seemed impossible"