This weekend the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto3 team will field a modified rider pairing at the German GP. With Niccolo Antonelli out of action due to a hernia between his sixth and seventh cervical vertebrae, Bo Bendsneyder will be joined Danny Kent for Round 9 of the season. Danny previously took part in the French GP as a wildcard for the team.
For the young Brit, this will be his second Moto3 race of the year. Tenth at Le Mans as a wildcard for the Red Bull KTM Ajo team, the Briton will be back this weekend at a track where he has previously won in Moto3. He took victory at the 2015 German GP after starting from pole position.
The ninth race of the year will mark the halfway point of the calendar. The Moto3 race will be held on Sunday at 11am. The last Red Bull KTM Ajo rider to win in Germany was Jack Miller in 2014.
52 DANNY KENT
“I can’t wait to compete for the Red Bull KTM Ajo team again -this time at the German Grand Prix. Sachsenring is also one of my favourite circuits. Obviously I will need some time to get used to the characteristics of the Moto3 bike, because at Mugello I returned to Moto2. In any case, I’m sure we can get a good result by working hard together with the team. I want to thank Aki [Ajo], Red Bull, KTM and the whole team for giving me this opportunity.”
- 2018 and the incredible record of the Road to MotoGP™
- GP Recap: Marquez makes a mark on the title in the Czech GP
- FIM Moto-e World Cup to race with Michelin
- GP Recap: Marquez makes it eight in a row in Germany
- Energica to supply motorcycles for FIM Moto-e World Cup
- Down to business for the Dutch GP
- GP Recap: Rossi takes memorable 115th win in Assen
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya
- GP Recap: Dovi does it for Ducati in Mugello
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission on November 29th