Showing his stuff in the session was Sam Lowes who, after showing progress on the dry track (he had finished FP1 in 15th place), took an excellent ninth place time (1’28.994) that gives Aprilia Racing Team Gresini two riders in the top ten in a single session, a first for the 2017 season.
“I came here with some doubts, because this circuit has given me problems in the past, but already in FP1 I felt good. I lapped fast, without making mistakes, with a good feeling and improving consistently. In the wet things also went well. I am able to ride well and set a good pace from the early laps. I am feeling positive. I am growing continuously and I feel like the RS-GP is more and more mine.”
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2”
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike"
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium”
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven?
- Alex Marquez tests Triumph Moto2™ engine