The Red Bull KTM Ajo riders faced qualifying for the German GP on Saturday afternoon, and had tricky conditions to contend with in their quest for a strong position on the grid.
The session was interrupted with 15 minutes remaining due to a brief downpour, but Danny Kent, who is standing in for Niccolo Antonelli in Germany, continued his good performance and finished 16th, although tomorrow he will start from 28th –tenth row– after a 12-place penalty incurred in FP1 yesterday.
With a high risk of rain in qualifying, the Red Bull KTM Ajo riders attempted their definitive laps early on in the session. Fifteen minutes from the end, a few minutes of rain meant all riders returned to the pits, but as the surface dried it allowed for a final attack.
Danny set his 1:27.539 top time after the brief downpour and placed 16th, but will start from 28th on the grid. He was sanctioned yesterday for riding too slowly during FP1.
Tomorrow’s Moto3 race will be held at 11:00am local time.
52 DANNY KENT
“Honestly, I’m quite disappointed with sixteenth position in today’s qualifying. In the morning we had taken a step forward and I have a good feeling with the race tyre. In contrast, when it was time to look for a quick lap with the softer tyres we had more problems; I didn’t feel as comfortable riding. Also, after yesterday’s penalty we have lost 12 positions, so unfortunately we will be starting from very far back on the grid. There is no doubt that I will give my 110% in the race to climb as many positions as possible.”
- Strudwick supreme at Snetterton in a dramatic Race 2
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win
- Bastianini wins breathless Moto3™ race
- Fabulous Fabio takes flawless first Grand Prix win
- Dovizioso leads Rabat and Rossi in Warm Up
- Skinner takes a stunning Race 1 at Snetterton
- Quartararo on top in Moto2™ Warm Up
- Miller confirmed at Alma Pramac Racing in 2019
- Martin quickest in Warm Up
- 10 things you need to know before the Catalan GP