Sam Lowes did not benefit as hoped in the wet conditions which had enhanced his riding style in Le Mans and Assen. He finished Q1 in eleventh place which earns him 21st place overall and therefore a spot on the seventh row after a crash at the end of the session.
“I am a bit disappointed with the qualifiers. I have always been fast in the wet and I expected to be able to go through to Q2. The crash was rather violent and I have a bit of pain in my back, but fortunately nothing serious. In FP4 we did a really good job. Before it started raining I did a long run at a competitive pace. In terms of settings, we are fairly well dialled in for any conditions. Maybe on the front we can still make some changes, but in general I am feeling positive about the race tomorrow.”
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar!
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race
- #QatarGP 2018 - Sunday Guide