For Danny Kent the German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring proved a tough race. Starting from 28th on the grid, little by little he moved up the order, before riding by himself in 22nd position.
Unfortunately, his progression was cut short 12 laps from the end, as he crashed out at Turn 3.
Following nine rounds of action, the season now reaches the summer break. The Moto3 World Championship will resume on August 4th-6th with the Czech Republic GP.
52 DANNY KENT
“The whole weekend has been quite tough, right from FP1 with the 12-place penalty. We knew that it was going to be a difficult Grand Prix. Also, starting from 28th position is something that never helps at a circuit as short as this. In the race, I had managed to gain 6 positions, but the front tyre started to drop off a lot and later on I crashed. It’s a shame to end this Grand Prix like that, but I want to thank the team for giving me this opportunity to work with them again.”
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win