For Danny Kent the German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring proved a tough race. Starting from 28th on the grid, little by little he moved up the order, before riding by himself in 22nd position.
Unfortunately, his progression was cut short 12 laps from the end, as he crashed out at Turn 3.
Following nine rounds of action, the season now reaches the summer break. The Moto3 World Championship will resume on August 4th-6th with the Czech Republic GP.
52 DANNY KENT
“The whole weekend has been quite tough, right from FP1 with the 12-place penalty. We knew that it was going to be a difficult Grand Prix. Also, starting from 28th position is something that never helps at a circuit as short as this. In the race, I had managed to gain 6 positions, but the front tyre started to drop off a lot and later on I crashed. It’s a shame to end this Grand Prix like that, but I want to thank the team for giving me this opportunity to work with them again.”
- 5 things to check out at COTA on Friday, by...Randy Mamola
- Viñales and Rossi close in on the top
- Aleix Espargaro on “best Friday of the season”
- Dovizioso: “We have some ideas to try tomorrow”
- Randy Mamola becomes a MotoGP™ Legend in Texas
- Iannone fastest on Friday: "Anything is possible"
- Oliveira on top in Texas
- Marquez has company: the King of COTA overthrown on Friday
- Turn 18 renamed Hayden Hill in honour of Nicky Hayden
- Martin deposes Canet on Day 1