Sam Lowes crashed out without any physical consequences during the thirteenth lap while, after making up several positions, he was on the hunt to earn championship points.
“A small mistake cost me the race today. It’s a pity because I had overtaken a few riders and I was making up ground. My pace was good even compared with that of Aleix who really did an outstanding job today. The improvements are there. I am starting to ride well and the signs are encouraging. The summer break arrived at the right time. I know that I can still improve a lot and I feel positive about the second half of the season.”
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2”
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike"
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium”
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven?
- Alex Marquez tests Triumph Moto2™ engine