KTM MotoGP had a very successful test with the KTM RC16 after the last race, spending two days at Aragon with test rider Mika Kallio supporting Pol Espargaro and Bradley Smith while KTM Moto2 ride Miguel Oliveira rode a MotoGP bike for the very first time. In Qualifying 1 Espargaro was flying with a red/red (fastest) split to put him on course for first position but a spill at the third to last corner meant he had to settle for 8th position in Q1. However, with team mate Smith just 0.008 seconds behind, the atmosphere in the garage is buoyant and positive before tomorrow’s race that may well see wet weather.
“Overall we have to be happy with our Saturday performance. Yesterday was a little bit of a struggle but certainly we found some good direction today and I’m starting to feel more and more comfortable on the bike as I’ve tried some new WP front forks today. I was pleased with the lap time although it would’ve been nice to see a (1m) 56 but that’s being fussy after doing a 59.3 yesterday, so 2.5 seconds in one day is a great job by the KTM team. In terms of race day tomorrow, the tyre selection is quite clear but of course it’s going to be very weather dependant; it could rain but we’ve ridden in all conditions here this weekend and my wet setting felt good so let’s see what tomorrow brings with a mistake free race to get us to the end.”
- 2018: a new era for Dovizioso?
- Pramac: Petrucci and Miller ready to take on 2018
- Rossi nominated for comeback of the year
- Puig: from rider to talent promotion to Repsol Honda
- Lorenzo: “The team and the bike are ready to win”
- Dovizioso: “The target is to fight for the Championship”
- Ducati Team presentation kicks off 2018 in style
- Aegerter will be sole Kiefer Racing entry in 2018
- 2018 Ducati Team launch with free LIVE streaming
- Racing Together: Have I got news for you