The Saturday of qualifying for the Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky gave Octo Pramac Racing conflicting emotions with a disappointing performance from Scott, who after the good performances of Friday, could not find the right feeling in order to be competitive during qualifying.
Scott was unable to replicate the strength of his performance from Friday, in part because of a far higher temperature. In Q1 the English rider could not find the conditions in order to fight for the qualifying in Q2. He lines up in 23rd.
23rd – Scott Redding – 1’57.517
“I struggled a lot with the front. I’ve never been able to find the right feeling. We have also tried with the hard tire but chattering was to strong. The crash this morning did not allow me to find the right feeling. It’s a difficult Saturday but the week end is not over. I will start form a very difficult position but the race is tomorrow and I will try to recover some positions”.
- Brilliant Binder leaves it late to take pole
- Lorenzo snatches sensational last-gasp pole in Aragon
- GP Commission: replacement riders now need approval
- Viñales and Nakagami progress to Q2
- Lorenzo fastest as Marquez crashes in FP4
- Magical Martin makes history in Moto3™ qualifying
- Marcos Ramirez joins Leopard Racing for 2019
- Marquez, Schrötter, Pasini split by 0.044 in FP3
- Crutchlow tops FP3, Marquez still fastest, Yamahas miss out
- Bezzecchi fastest as Saturday action begins in Aragon