The Saturday of qualifying for the Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky gave Octo Pramac Racing conflicting emotions with a disappointing performance from Scott, who after the good performances of Friday, could not find the right feeling in order to be competitive during qualifying.
Scott was unable to replicate the strength of his performance from Friday, in part because of a far higher temperature. In Q1 the English rider could not find the conditions in order to fight for the qualifying in Q2. He lines up in 23rd.
23rd – Scott Redding – 1’57.517
“I struggled a lot with the front. I’ve never been able to find the right feeling. We have also tried with the hard tire but chattering was to strong. The crash this morning did not allow me to find the right feeling. It’s a difficult Saturday but the week end is not over. I will start form a very difficult position but the race is tomorrow and I will try to recover some positions”.
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar!
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race
- #QatarGP 2018 - Sunday Guide