Sam Lowes also had a crash during qualifying (Q1), so he will have to settle for a spot on the eighth row tomorrow, the result of his 22nd place time (1’57.465).
“The first lap in qualifying was rather good. In the second run I crashed as I was improving. Unfortunately, with these track conditions, both Aleix and I struggle to find the right feeling with the front. This evening we’ll talk during the technical briefing and try to find a solution. Tomorrow the forecast calls for a lower temperature and that would be positive for us, whereas if it rains, on one hand I know that I’m fast, but on the other, I would like to achieve a good result in “normal” conditions. The goals is the points zone. We are all very close and my pace was consistent today, so we have good chances of battling for a good position. The foot I injured yesterday limited me a bit this morning, but already in the afternoon, things improved and I don’t think that it will be a big problem tomorrow.”
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar!
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race
- #QatarGP 2018 - Sunday Guide