Sam Lowes also had a crash during qualifying (Q1), so he will have to settle for a spot on the eighth row tomorrow, the result of his 22nd place time (1’57.465).
“The first lap in qualifying was rather good. In the second run I crashed as I was improving. Unfortunately, with these track conditions, both Aleix and I struggle to find the right feeling with the front. This evening we’ll talk during the technical briefing and try to find a solution. Tomorrow the forecast calls for a lower temperature and that would be positive for us, whereas if it rains, on one hand I know that I’m fast, but on the other, I would like to achieve a good result in “normal” conditions. The goals is the points zone. We are all very close and my pace was consistent today, so we have good chances of battling for a good position. The foot I injured yesterday limited me a bit this morning, but already in the afternoon, things improved and I don’t think that it will be a big problem tomorrow.”
- 2018: a new era for Dovizioso?
- Pramac: Petrucci and Miller ready to take on 2018
- Rossi nominated for comeback of the year
- Puig: from rider to talent promotion to Repsol Honda
- Lorenzo: “The team and the bike are ready to win”
- Dovizioso: “The target is to fight for the Championship”
- Ducati Team presentation kicks off 2018 in style
- Aegerter will be sole Kiefer Racing entry in 2018
- 2018 Ducati Team launch with free LIVE streaming
- Racing Together: Have I got news for you