John McPhee had a difficult Saturday at the Czech GP when he qualified P19, meaning there was some serious work to do on Sunday to get back in the fight for good points. But after topping Warm Up, the Scot was more than up for the challenge in the race – moving up into the top ten after a good start and then getting his head down.
The BTT rider fought his way through in the tricky, drying conditions and made his way to the front of the second group, then managing to hold off those behind to cross the line sixth – an important and impressive haul of points as the second half of the season gets in gear.
McPhee is now fourth in the Championship, with the second half of the season now underway and some good points bagged at Brno. The next target is Austria – next weekend.
John McPhee, P6:
“Today was a good day. Starting off with topping Warm Up was a nice was to start and a step in the right direction with the bike. The race was always going to be difficult coming from 19th on the grid but I feel like we’ve done a good job. Obviously I was disappointed not to be closer to the podium battle but I’m heading to Austria with more points on the board and stepped up to 4th in the Championship. Good job to my team for all their hard work this weekend.”
- The ‘Little Samurai’: a swansong in Valencia
- Aegerter signs with MV Agusta Forward Racing for 2019
- Who dares wins: the Cup goes down to the wire at Valencia
- FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup: rider and regulation updates
- MotoGP™ remains on Network 10 in Australia for 3 more years
- Meet the rookies: 2019 edition
- Time schedule: Valencia GP
- Rossi: the tenth is possible
- Stoner and Ducati to end their collaboration
- Full set of asymmetric tyres on the menu for Valencia