John McPhee had a difficult Saturday at the Czech GP when he qualified P19, meaning there was some serious work to do on Sunday to get back in the fight for good points. But after topping Warm Up, the Scot was more than up for the challenge in the race – moving up into the top ten after a good start and then getting his head down.
The BTT rider fought his way through in the tricky, drying conditions and made his way to the front of the second group, then managing to hold off those behind to cross the line sixth – an important and impressive haul of points as the second half of the season gets in gear.
McPhee is now fourth in the Championship, with the second half of the season now underway and some good points bagged at Brno. The next target is Austria – next weekend.
John McPhee, P6:
“Today was a good day. Starting off with topping Warm Up was a nice was to start and a step in the right direction with the bike. The race was always going to be difficult coming from 19th on the grid but I feel like we’ve done a good job. Obviously I was disappointed not to be closer to the podium battle but I’m heading to Austria with more points on the board and stepped up to 4th in the Championship. Good job to my team for all their hard work this weekend.”
- The 2019 Mission Winnow Ducati team presented at Neuchâtel
- In pictures: Ducati Team 2019
- SHARK Helmets to title sponsor French GP for three years
- Follow Ducati Team's presentation live!
- 2019 team presentations: all the dates
- Pedrosa to undergo surgery
- "I am very proud to belong to this family"
- Best photos: 2018 season
- Interrupted races: the rules evolve
- Massimo Rivola to be Aprilia Racing CEO