This Sunday at the Brno Circuit, the Octo Pramac Racing team was rich with emotions. After the initial morning drizzle, the race began under wet conditions but soon the circuit grew dry, forcing the riders to “flag to flag” by the third lap.
After a fantastic start, Petrux was in the leading group and Scott, albeit starting from the last row, was able to recover 10 positions in the first 2 laps.
In the fourth lap, the Brit entered the garage to swap his bike; the perfect decision that then enabled him to immediately jump to P2.
Scott’s rhythm was very competitive until the middle of the race when a technical issue with the exhaust affected his ability to be competitive, forcing him to finish in 16th position. Nevertheless, his race was still noteworthy.
16th – Scott Redding
“I feel as if I had a great race. I started really well and made the right decision to enter and change my bike. My pace was great and I felt confident amongst the riders in front. However, I did have an issue with my exhaust. I realised this when I tried to change to Map A in order to have more power. It is a huge shame because I was sure that I could have had a great race. I leave with my head held high this week and I hope to be this competitive in Austria”.
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar!
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race
- #QatarGP 2018 - Sunday Guide