Sam Lowes is in a similar situation, twenty-third in qualifying, but rather confident in his chances to manage race distance. His goal is to finish in the points and gain confidence in view of his home GP at Silverstone.
“These qualifiers were rather hard for us. Even Aleix struggled and we were very close on our fast laps. In terms of pace, on the other hand, we have good potential, to be honest. I worked a lot on braking and the results are tangible. I always compare notes with my teammate who is one of the strongest late brakers on the track and our reference points have gotten quite close. It would seem that we do not have any big problems with fuel consumption, so we’ll be able to use maximum power for race distance and that could give us an extra weapon in the race finale.”
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open!
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin
- BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP™ until 2021
- Espargaro: "I'd love a teammate like Marc or Dani"
- Syahrin to line up full-time with Tech 3 in 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend