Sam Lowes is in a similar situation, twenty-third in qualifying, but rather confident in his chances to manage race distance. His goal is to finish in the points and gain confidence in view of his home GP at Silverstone.
“These qualifiers were rather hard for us. Even Aleix struggled and we were very close on our fast laps. In terms of pace, on the other hand, we have good potential, to be honest. I worked a lot on braking and the results are tangible. I always compare notes with my teammate who is one of the strongest late brakers on the track and our reference points have gotten quite close. It would seem that we do not have any big problems with fuel consumption, so we’ll be able to use maximum power for race distance and that could give us an extra weapon in the race finale.”
- ‘Fast’ Freddie’s extraordinary career in his words
- Junior Talent Team raring to race in 2019
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners
- Dall’Igna: “We were a bit perplexed”
- Buasri rules Buriram in dramatic Race 2