Sam Lowes is in a similar situation, twenty-third in qualifying, but rather confident in his chances to manage race distance. His goal is to finish in the points and gain confidence in view of his home GP at Silverstone.
“These qualifiers were rather hard for us. Even Aleix struggled and we were very close on our fast laps. In terms of pace, on the other hand, we have good potential, to be honest. I worked a lot on braking and the results are tangible. I always compare notes with my teammate who is one of the strongest late brakers on the track and our reference points have gotten quite close. It would seem that we do not have any big problems with fuel consumption, so we’ll be able to use maximum power for race distance and that could give us an extra weapon in the race finale.”
- 5 things to check out at COTA on Friday, by...Randy Mamola
- Viñales and Rossi close in on the top
- Aleix Espargaro on “best Friday of the season”
- Dovizioso: “We have some ideas to try tomorrow”
- Randy Mamola becomes a MotoGP™ Legend in Texas
- Iannone fastest on Friday: "Anything is possible"
- Oliveira on top in Texas
- Marquez has company: the King of COTA overthrown on Friday
- Turn 18 renamed Hayden Hill in honour of Nicky Hayden
- Martin deposes Canet on Day 1