Sam Lowes is in a similar situation, twenty-third in qualifying, but rather confident in his chances to manage race distance. His goal is to finish in the points and gain confidence in view of his home GP at Silverstone.
“These qualifiers were rather hard for us. Even Aleix struggled and we were very close on our fast laps. In terms of pace, on the other hand, we have good potential, to be honest. I worked a lot on braking and the results are tangible. I always compare notes with my teammate who is one of the strongest late brakers on the track and our reference points have gotten quite close. It would seem that we do not have any big problems with fuel consumption, so we’ll be able to use maximum power for race distance and that could give us an extra weapon in the race finale.”
- Mir: how he could take the title on the Island
- Miller: “I surprised myself with the turnaround”
- Petrucci on team orders: “Dovi doesn’t need my help”
- Will Lorenzo help Dovizioso?
- Talk on the title fight: "We’ll try to the last corner"
- 'DesmoDovi': numbers on Ducati's dark horse for the title
- Take no prisoners: Rins & Miller break out of Melbourne Gaol
- Dovizioso’s secret weapon: mental training vs physical
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission at Motegi
- Australians across all MotoGP™ classes at the ready