Sam Lowes is in a similar situation, twenty-third in qualifying, but rather confident in his chances to manage race distance. His goal is to finish in the points and gain confidence in view of his home GP at Silverstone.
“These qualifiers were rather hard for us. Even Aleix struggled and we were very close on our fast laps. In terms of pace, on the other hand, we have good potential, to be honest. I worked a lot on braking and the results are tangible. I always compare notes with my teammate who is one of the strongest late brakers on the track and our reference points have gotten quite close. It would seem that we do not have any big problems with fuel consumption, so we’ll be able to use maximum power for race distance and that could give us an extra weapon in the race finale.”
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win