It was a Saturday full of emotions for Octo Pramac Racing. On one side, we have seen a fantastic reaction from Danilo Petrucci that exceed morning difficulties and makes a masterpiece in qualifying. On the other hand, the solid performances from Scott Redding that looked to be capable of obtaining the Q2 until the last T3 of his final time attack.
Scott lapped very constant in FP3 but missed to qualify in the Q2 for only 8 thousands of a second. The race pace in FP4 was excellent (8th time lap). Also in Q1 the English rider was very fast and in T3 he lighted the red helmet. Unfortunately, in the T4 Scott was not able to make the decisive step forward ending in fifth row.
“I am disappointed for how things went, but at the same time I am happy for the performance. In Brno I made some mistakes in qualifying, while here I was only at a heartbreak from Q2. Unfortunately, in the last corner I felt the front locking and I have lost precious tenths. However, we worked well and I think we have shown our potential for the race. Starting from the 15th position is not going to be easy, but I am very confident because the feeling is optimal”.
- Schrötter tops rain-affected Moto2™ Friday morning session
- Dovizioso heads Crutchlow and Zarco in FP1
- Lorenzo withdraws from Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Kornfeil fastest as action gets underway in Japan
- 1000 Grand Prix career points in sight for Crutchlow
- The Little Samurai's last Japanese joust
- Marquez vs Dovi: who will shine brightest in Japan?
- Marc Marquez will be Champion if...
- Rossi eager for confirmation of Yamaha improvements in Japan
- Dovizioso: “I’m looking forward to a rematch with Marc”