It was a Saturday full of emotions for Octo Pramac Racing. On one side, we have seen a fantastic reaction from Danilo Petrucci that exceed morning difficulties and makes a masterpiece in qualifying. On the other hand, the solid performances from Scott Redding that looked to be capable of obtaining the Q2 until the last T3 of his final time attack.
Scott lapped very constant in FP3 but missed to qualify in the Q2 for only 8 thousands of a second. The race pace in FP4 was excellent (8th time lap). Also in Q1 the English rider was very fast and in T3 he lighted the red helmet. Unfortunately, in the T4 Scott was not able to make the decisive step forward ending in fifth row.
“I am disappointed for how things went, but at the same time I am happy for the performance. In Brno I made some mistakes in qualifying, while here I was only at a heartbreak from Q2. Unfortunately, in the last corner I felt the front locking and I have lost precious tenths. However, we worked well and I think we have shown our potential for the race. Starting from the 15th position is not going to be easy, but I am very confident because the feeling is optimal”.
- 2018 and the incredible record of the Road to MotoGP™
- GP Recap: Marquez makes a mark on the title in the Czech GP
- FIM Moto-e World Cup to race with Michelin
- GP Recap: Marquez makes it eight in a row in Germany
- Energica to supply motorcycles for FIM Moto-e World Cup
- Down to business for the Dutch GP
- GP Recap: Rossi takes memorable 115th win in Assen
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya
- GP Recap: Dovi does it for Ducati in Mugello
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission on November 29th