It was a Saturday full of emotions for Octo Pramac Racing. On one side, we have seen a fantastic reaction from Danilo Petrucci that exceed morning difficulties and makes a masterpiece in qualifying. On the other hand, the solid performances from Scott Redding that looked to be capable of obtaining the Q2 until the last T3 of his final time attack.
Scott lapped very constant in FP3 but missed to qualify in the Q2 for only 8 thousands of a second. The race pace in FP4 was excellent (8th time lap). Also in Q1 the English rider was very fast and in T3 he lighted the red helmet. Unfortunately, in the T4 Scott was not able to make the decisive step forward ending in fifth row.
“I am disappointed for how things went, but at the same time I am happy for the performance. In Brno I made some mistakes in qualifying, while here I was only at a heartbreak from Q2. Unfortunately, in the last corner I felt the front locking and I have lost precious tenths. However, we worked well and I think we have shown our potential for the race. Starting from the 15th position is not going to be easy, but I am very confident because the feeling is optimal”.
- #QatarGP 2018 - Sunday Guide
- Marquez, Dovizioso, Petrucci close in Warm Up
- Alex Marquez retains his advantage in Warm Up
- Dalla Porta ahead in Warm Up
- MotoGP™ TV coverage hits new highs in 2018
- Marquez vs Dovi: Sunday set up for a showdown
- Zarco: From gravel trap to pole position at #QatarGP
- Desert duel: Noguchi vs Aji lights up Losail
- New TV graphics for 2018: keep track like never before
- The battle to beat Zarco in Sunday’s sensational #QatarGP