Ahead of the Octo British Grand Prix, the newly-selected British Talent Cup riders had something further to celebrate as they met the paddock’s British talent – Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda), Bradley Smith (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing), Scott Redding (Octo Pramac Racing), Sam Lowes (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini), Tarran Mackenzie (Kiefer Racing) and John McPhee (British Talent Team).
The 22 BTC competitors – as well as the reserves – met with the six British riders on the Start-Finish straight at Silverstone, having their photo taken together before talking life on two wheels. Crutchlow, Smith, Redding, Lowes, Mackenzie and McPhee answered a few questions from the BTC line up, and spoke about different aspects of becoming a professional rider as the youngsters prepare to begin their careers.
The BTC riders then also later appeared on stage as part of the Two Wheels for Life day – the official charity of MotoGP™ – completing their three life-changing days at Silverstone on the main stage.
Now Crutchlow, Smith, Redding, Lowes, Mackenzie and McPhee gear up for the British GP and one of the biggest weekends of the year, as the British Talent Cup selected riders start getting ready to begin their Road to MotoGP™.
- Final showdown: MotoE™ back in action at Valencia
- Last stop Valencia: 2019 set to go out with a bang
- Binder vs Lüthi vs Navarro: the fight to follow Marquez home
- Can Canet secure second on home turf?
- Alcoba takes Moto3™ Junior World Championship title
- Lecuona to replace injured Oliveira in Valencia
- The first two rounds brought thrill & drama, what's next?
- A few ringgit for a ride?
- Title decider time: can Tatay defy the odds?
- Alpinestars release data of Marquez’ Sepang crash