John McPhee had an impressive second row start for the British GP, but after lights out on race day the Scot struggled to find the straight line speed necessary to conquer Silverstone.
Fighting in a huge freight train group at the front, the Brit was battling in the points for most of the race before a Red Flag ended the contest a lap from the end – giving McPhee P13 as the result stood from Lap 16 of 17.
Now it’s time to focus on Misano – with the BTT ready to fight it out again on the Adriatic in a fortnight.
John McPhee, P13:
“It was a difficult and frustrating race for me today. I’ve been strong all weekend and felt really good on the bike. In the race I was just lacking straight line speed which made moving forward almost impossible. I pushed as hard as possible but in the end I could only maintain my position. Thanks to all the home fans for a great atmosphere all weekend, and to my team for all their hard work. I hope to be back fighting for the win at Misano!”
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand
- MotoE™: Selection Committee set for Buriram
- MotoE™ mechanics gear up for 2019
- KTM retain Kallio as test rider for 2019
- What will happen at Aragon if...?
- Sasaki set to miss Aragon through injury
- SKY Racing Team VR46 confirm 2019 Moto2™ and Moto3™ lineups
- MotoGP™ remains on Eurosport in the Netherlands and Flanders
- Rossi, Viñales “want to fight for the podium” at Aragon
- Get set for your trip to Andalucia and Jerez