John McPhee fell out of contention at the Gran Premio Tribul Mastercard di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini after race day dawned wet, with difficult conditions creating a race of attrition for the Moto3™ field.
The Scot started P14 after penalties for other riders affected the starting grid, cautious off the line before starting to gain ground and move back up through the points. In the top ten by Lap 7, the BTT rider crashed out soon after, unhurt but unable to continue.
McPhee remains seventh and in the top echelons of the title fight, however, and only two points off the rider in P6. Next up is MotorLand Aragon in a fortnight.
John McPhee, DNF:
“Conditions already this morning were quite difficult, and in the race with more standing water it was much more slippery. It’s difficult. The crash I had wasn’t actually on the gas, I’d rolled out the gas because I was running a bit wide and just with engine braking it was enough to break the rear away and it spun round on me. Really tricky conditions, and all I can say is sorry to the team. Hopefully we’ll bounce back in Aragon.”
- #QatarGP 2018 - Sunday Guide
- Marquez, Dovizioso, Petrucci close in Warm Up
- Alex Marquez retains his advantage in Warm Up
- Dalla Porta ahead in Warm Up
- MotoGP™ TV coverage hits new highs in 2018
- Marquez vs Dovi: Sunday set up for a showdown
- Zarco: From gravel trap to pole position at #QatarGP
- Desert duel: Noguchi vs Aji lights up Losail
- New TV graphics for 2018: keep track like never before
- The battle to beat Zarco in Sunday’s sensational #QatarGP