The Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team had never before been on Japanese soil but the team managed to brilliantly qualify both bikes through Q1 directly into Q2 for the first time to be 7th and 8th on the grid as the lights went green. Through enormous plumes of spray Bradley Smith made a great start.
“They were tricky conditions out there with a lot of water; kinda similar to what we had in Misano but here it just kept on raining. I went back a bit from seventh on the grid…but I was seventh on the grid! It’s been a positive weekend in many ways and through all of the sessions even after a small crash this morning which put me a little on edge at the start. We have had many positives from the wet laps here to take forward to Phillip Island and Sepang, particularly for it rains there. Overall I’m happy with the overall weekend as it was the first time in these conditions so we’ll learn going forward.”
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open!
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin
- BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP™ until 2021
- Espargaro: "I'd love a teammate like Marc or Dani"
- Syahrin to line up full-time with Tech 3 in 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend