The Japanese Grand Prix at Motegi proved to be a weekend to forget for Scott Redding. The English rider never managed to find a good feeling during practices but on raceday, from the first lap he tried to push to bring home a few points.
On lap 7, he overtook Smith for 13th place but he couldn’t keep a good pace and had to settle for 16th place.
16th – Scott Redding
“If I have to be honest, my desire is to forget this weekend as soon as possible. I never found a good feeling and I could not make any progress after FP1. I tried to push in the race as well, but I had problems. I found the feeling of Friday morning after a few laps but I wasted a lot of time starting from behind. In the last laps I had problems with aquaplaning that didn’t allow me to gain more positions. There are three races missing and I want to give the maximum to finish in a positive way a very difficult season for me”.
- 2018: a new era for Dovizioso?
- Pramac: Petrucci and Miller ready to take on 2018
- Rossi nominated for comeback of the year
- Puig: from rider to talent promotion to Repsol Honda
- Lorenzo: “The team and the bike are ready to win”
- Dovizioso: “The target is to fight for the Championship”
- Ducati Team presentation kicks off 2018 in style
- Aegerter will be sole Kiefer Racing entry in 2018
- 2018 Ducati Team launch with free LIVE streaming
- Racing Together: Have I got news for you