The Japanese Grand Prix at Motegi proved to be a weekend to forget for Scott Redding. The English rider never managed to find a good feeling during practices but on raceday, from the first lap he tried to push to bring home a few points.
On lap 7, he overtook Smith for 13th place but he couldn’t keep a good pace and had to settle for 16th place.
16th – Scott Redding
“If I have to be honest, my desire is to forget this weekend as soon as possible. I never found a good feeling and I could not make any progress after FP1. I tried to push in the race as well, but I had problems. I found the feeling of Friday morning after a few laps but I wasted a lot of time starting from behind. In the last laps I had problems with aquaplaning that didn’t allow me to gain more positions. There are three races missing and I want to give the maximum to finish in a positive way a very difficult season for me”.
- The 2017 Dunlop #ForeverForward Champion is…Andrea Migno!
- Granado and González take last two titles
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera!
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge"
- Difficult beginnings for Suzuki - but with some positives
- Bagnaia quickest, Mir fastest rookie at Jerez
- Five BMW M Awards in a row for Marquez
- Rookies at Valencia: Morbidelli top by half a tenth