The Japanese Grand Prix at Motegi proved to be a weekend to forget for Scott Redding. The English rider never managed to find a good feeling during practices but on raceday, from the first lap he tried to push to bring home a few points.
On lap 7, he overtook Smith for 13th place but he couldn’t keep a good pace and had to settle for 16th place.
16th – Scott Redding
“If I have to be honest, my desire is to forget this weekend as soon as possible. I never found a good feeling and I could not make any progress after FP1. I tried to push in the race as well, but I had problems. I found the feeling of Friday morning after a few laps but I wasted a lot of time starting from behind. In the last laps I had problems with aquaplaning that didn’t allow me to gain more positions. There are three races missing and I want to give the maximum to finish in a positive way a very difficult season for me”.
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2”
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike"
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium”
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven?
- Alex Marquez tests Triumph Moto2™ engine