The Japanese Grand Prix at Motegi proved to be a weekend to forget for Scott Redding. The English rider never managed to find a good feeling during practices but on raceday, from the first lap he tried to push to bring home a few points.
On lap 7, he overtook Smith for 13th place but he couldn’t keep a good pace and had to settle for 16th place.
16th – Scott Redding
“If I have to be honest, my desire is to forget this weekend as soon as possible. I never found a good feeling and I could not make any progress after FP1. I tried to push in the race as well, but I had problems. I found the feeling of Friday morning after a few laps but I wasted a lot of time starting from behind. In the last laps I had problems with aquaplaning that didn’t allow me to gain more positions. There are three races missing and I want to give the maximum to finish in a positive way a very difficult season for me”.
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar!
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race
- #QatarGP 2018 - Sunday Guide