Scott Redding returned to be competitive form after a difficult period and takes part in a great comeback from 20th to 11th place in the Australian GP at Phillip Island.
Scott was in P20 on the grid of Michelin® Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix and his start was not the best. The English rider, however, remained focused and since the first laps started to run with a good pace.
On lap 10, he had already recovered 5 positions and his race pace was one of the fastest. On lap 17 he overtook Lorenzo before being involved in a terrific scrap with Pedrosa and Dovizioso.
The final stages of the race were crazy and Scott managed to win the fight at the chequered flag, finishing 11th.
11th Scott Redding
“I’m really very happy for this race. I’ve come back to enjoy riding my bike. The start wasn’t good but from the first laps I found a great feeling. It is a great satisfaction after a very complicated period for me. Now I want to finish the season at its best with two good races in Malaysia and Valencia”.
- Chasing Champions: Dovi on Stoner’s tail as a Ducati winner
- Lorenzo left without brakes in Qatar
- #QatarGP: another incredible record-breaker
- Rossi on being 'hunted by the wolves' in Qatar!
- Dovi 3 – Marquez 0
- Bagnaia storms to debut win in final lap Moto2™ thriller
- Dynamite Dovizioso takes first honours of 2018 in #QatarGP
- Van Eerde takes first Australian win in stunning duel
- Martin wins Spanish desert duel in opening Moto3™ race
- #QatarGP 2018 - Sunday Guide