John McPhee had a difficult qualifying day at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia, but the British Talent Team rider put in an incredible turnaround on race day to take eighth from 22nd on the grid.
The Scot moved up slightly off the line but was left with a mountain yet to climb, slicing his way up to just outside the top ten before bridging the gap and continuing his march forward. The British Talent Team took P8 at the flag and another solid haul of points in his final race for the team.
That’s the season now over and the British Talent Team’s swansong sung, with three podiums, 131 points and seventh in the standings wrapped up.
John McPhee, P8:
“It was nice to finish the season off with a race-long battle in the group fighting for the podium. I had a lot of work to do coming from 22nd on the grid but I’m satisfied with the progress made. Of course we’re always looking for more but today I feel like we’ve done a good job to finish P8. I need to thank my team for all their hard work this year and to all my sponsors and fans for their continued support. Roll on 2018!”
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules
- MotoGP™ wins Best Multiscreen HbbTV Service Award
- Moto3™: rider changes aplenty ahead of 2019
- Marquez undergoes successful surgery on left shoulder
- Lorenzo and Marquez undergo surgery
- Moto2™: their preseason so far
- FIM announce Jorge Viegas as President
- FIM Gala: 2018 World Champions celebrated in Andorra