The inaugural British Talent Cup will soon be underway, with two days of testing giving the class of 2018 their first track time ahead of the first race weekend at the end of March. The test days are the 5th and 6th of March, with the Official Test taking place at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia.
Valencia is 4km long with five right- and nine left-handed corners, set in a natural amphitheatre just outside the village of Cheste. Spectators can see most of the track from every seat – a unique claim to fame on the MotoGP™ and BTC calendars – and later in the year it could see the first ever British Talent Cup Champion crowned as it hosts the final race of the season.
23 riders will be lining up this year, from both the UK and Ireland. Chosen during the first ever selection event ahead of the 2017 British Grand Prix at Silverstone, the Valencia test will now be their first taste of what’s to come. It will also be the first time the class of 2018 test their Honda NSF250R Moto3™ machinery, all on track together.
Who will be the first ever British Talent Cup and take a step forward on their Road to MotoGP™? The first BTC test will begin to tell us the answer, on the 5th and 6th March.
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya test: Day 1
- Pedrosa "fights through physical difficulties" in Le Mans
- British Talent Cup: Reset for Round 2
- MotoGP™ teams head to Montmeló for testing
- Thumbs up or thumbs down from Emperor Vale?
- Nicky Hayden, one year on
- Kornfeil: “It was just like motocross training!”
- Syahrin: “We had top ten pace”
- Back on track: Rossi makes podium return
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ back on track at Le Mans