Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona confirmed in Qatar Grand Prix qualifying by ending 10th and 15th respectively. Despite the challenging conditions on the circuit, the two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM’s riders took the opportunity of the final free practice session early this afternoon to prepare their KTM for the first race of the season.
The British rider, who was second on the opening day, finished 0.868s off the pole position claimed by Álex Marquez.
The Moto2 class will meet up again on Sunday for the warm-up, which will precede the opening race of the calendar kicking off at 17:20 (local time).
Sam Lowes (10th – 2’01.167):
“The first run during the qualifying session was very good. I had a fast pace and felt comfortable. Unfortunately, I made a small mistake and crashed. Then I didn’t have the same feeling on the bike, but we know why. Tomorrow, I am convinced that we can do a good job. My pace is good and I think I can challenge for the podium. ”
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win