Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona confirmed in Qatar Grand Prix qualifying by ending 10th and 15th respectively. Despite the challenging conditions on the circuit, the two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM’s riders took the opportunity of the final free practice session early this afternoon to prepare their KTM for the first race of the season.
The British rider, who was second on the opening day, finished 0.868s off the pole position claimed by Álex Marquez.
The Moto2 class will meet up again on Sunday for the warm-up, which will precede the opening race of the calendar kicking off at 17:20 (local time).
Sam Lowes (10th – 2’01.167):
“The first run during the qualifying session was very good. I had a fast pace and felt comfortable. Unfortunately, I made a small mistake and crashed. Then I didn’t have the same feeling on the bike, but we know why. Tomorrow, I am convinced that we can do a good job. My pace is good and I think I can challenge for the podium. ”
- ‘Fast’ Freddie’s extraordinary career in his words
- Junior Talent Team raring to race in 2019
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners
- Dall’Igna: “We were a bit perplexed”
- Buasri rules Buriram in dramatic Race 2