Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona confirmed in Qatar Grand Prix qualifying by ending 10th and 15th respectively. Despite the challenging conditions on the circuit, the two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM’s riders took the opportunity of the final free practice session early this afternoon to prepare their KTM for the first race of the season.
The British rider, who was second on the opening day, finished 0.868s off the pole position claimed by Álex Marquez.
The Moto2 class will meet up again on Sunday for the warm-up, which will precede the opening race of the calendar kicking off at 17:20 (local time).
Sam Lowes (10th – 2’01.167):
“The first run during the qualifying session was very good. I had a fast pace and felt comfortable. Unfortunately, I made a small mistake and crashed. Then I didn’t have the same feeling on the bike, but we know why. Tomorrow, I am convinced that we can do a good job. My pace is good and I think I can challenge for the podium. ”
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules
- MotoGP™ wins Best Multiscreen HbbTV Service Award
- Moto3™: rider changes aplenty ahead of 2019
- Marquez undergoes successful surgery on left shoulder
- Lorenzo and Marquez undergo surgery
- Moto2™: their preseason so far
- FIM announce Jorge Viegas as President
- FIM Gala: 2018 World Champions celebrated in Andorra