Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona confirmed in Qatar Grand Prix qualifying by ending 10th and 15th respectively. Despite the challenging conditions on the circuit, the two Swiss Innovative Investors KTM’s riders took the opportunity of the final free practice session early this afternoon to prepare their KTM for the first race of the season.
The British rider, who was second on the opening day, finished 0.868s off the pole position claimed by Álex Marquez.
The Moto2 class will meet up again on Sunday for the warm-up, which will precede the opening race of the calendar kicking off at 17:20 (local time).
Sam Lowes (10th – 2’01.167):
“The first run during the qualifying session was very good. I had a fast pace and felt comfortable. Unfortunately, I made a small mistake and crashed. Then I didn’t have the same feeling on the bike, but we know why. Tomorrow, I am convinced that we can do a good job. My pace is good and I think I can challenge for the podium. ”
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1
- Red Bull Rookies Champion eligible for Moto3™ ride in 2018
- Bastianini bolts to the top on Friday in Aragon
- FIM withdraws Romano Fenati's licence
- Schrötter leads Bagnaia, Lowes in Moto2™ FP1
- MotoStudent grand final approaches
- Dominant Dovi leads Ducati quartet in FP1
- Kornfeil, Rodrigo fastest but both suffer late crashes
- Marquez vs Dovizioso vs Lorenzo moves into MotorLand