Beta Tools-Speed Up Racing Team riders finished the Grand Prix race of Qatar in seventeenth (Danny Kent #52) and twentieth (Fabio Quartararo#20) position.
Both riders have been suffering from grip issues since the beginning of the race which forced them to drive definitely below their capacity. Despite the final results, the balance is still positive thanks to the progress achieved by both riders over the weekend.
The feeling with the Speed Up SF18 is much improved in this first race and Danny Kent and Fabio Quartararo are ready to continue the results achieved so far to be more competitive in the next Grand Prix of Argentina.
DANNY KENT #52 – 17th
“I am very disappointed with the results of today race. Unfortunately, just like the first exit of qualifying, we had a bad tyre with zero grip. I am not happy because at the end of qualifying with a good tyre I had a great feeling with the bike so of course I was motivated and confident for a good result, but I knew already from the first lap my grip was very bad and I had too much spin. Sorry to my team, but I am afraid it’s something that is out of mine and the team’s control. I will go home and work very hard to come back to Argentina strong!”
- ‘Fast’ Freddie’s extraordinary career in his words
- Junior Talent Team raring to race in 2019
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners
- Dall’Igna: “We were a bit perplexed”
- Buasri rules Buriram in dramatic Race 2