Beta Tools-Speed Up Racing Team riders finished the Grand Prix race of Qatar in seventeenth (Danny Kent #52) and twentieth (Fabio Quartararo#20) position.
Both riders have been suffering from grip issues since the beginning of the race which forced them to drive definitely below their capacity. Despite the final results, the balance is still positive thanks to the progress achieved by both riders over the weekend.
The feeling with the Speed Up SF18 is much improved in this first race and Danny Kent and Fabio Quartararo are ready to continue the results achieved so far to be more competitive in the next Grand Prix of Argentina.
DANNY KENT #52 – 17th
“I am very disappointed with the results of today race. Unfortunately, just like the first exit of qualifying, we had a bad tyre with zero grip. I am not happy because at the end of qualifying with a good tyre I had a great feeling with the bike so of course I was motivated and confident for a good result, but I knew already from the first lap my grip was very bad and I had too much spin. Sorry to my team, but I am afraid it’s something that is out of mine and the team’s control. I will go home and work very hard to come back to Argentina strong!”
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules
- MotoGP™ wins Best Multiscreen HbbTV Service Award
- Moto3™: rider changes aplenty ahead of 2019
- Marquez undergoes successful surgery on left shoulder
- Lorenzo and Marquez undergo surgery
- Moto2™: their preseason so far
- FIM announce Jorge Viegas as President
- FIM Gala: 2018 World Champions celebrated in Andorra