Beta Tools-Speed Up Racing Team riders finished the Grand Prix race of Qatar in seventeenth (Danny Kent #52) and twentieth (Fabio Quartararo#20) position.
Both riders have been suffering from grip issues since the beginning of the race which forced them to drive definitely below their capacity. Despite the final results, the balance is still positive thanks to the progress achieved by both riders over the weekend.
The feeling with the Speed Up SF18 is much improved in this first race and Danny Kent and Fabio Quartararo are ready to continue the results achieved so far to be more competitive in the next Grand Prix of Argentina.
DANNY KENT #52 – 17th
“I am very disappointed with the results of today race. Unfortunately, just like the first exit of qualifying, we had a bad tyre with zero grip. I am not happy because at the end of qualifying with a good tyre I had a great feeling with the bike so of course I was motivated and confident for a good result, but I knew already from the first lap my grip was very bad and I had too much spin. Sorry to my team, but I am afraid it’s something that is out of mine and the team’s control. I will go home and work very hard to come back to Argentina strong!”
- Rain master Scholtz takes COTA Race 1
- All American: home heroes on home turf
- Blast off for KTM in Austin
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us”
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee
- Rossi: the man with the race pace?
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP!
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP